Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Community getting older.

So I did a basic research on peoples ages here.
I simply went trough all birthday specific topics in the birthday forum to see what the average age is.
From the first 10 pages, I reached an average age of 23,36.
Something that makes this number high is the birthday that was taken from Unixmad who is 44, and others who are way above 24 years old.

I'd like to know why Graal still has this childish based website for underaged kids, while the age of players has gotten higher every year.
I went furthur than the first 10 pages, because the year 2010 isn't over yet. Took 2009 aswell and the average age there was pretty much the same, cause of the same people hanging around.

What is Graal planning to do about this. There is as you know a serious core of players that will probably never leave, all with the hopes of Graal becoming the way it was. Is the high average age not something to consider for the staff to do something about. It is obvious Graal wants to attract new "young' players, but I think the new players are most likely coming to the Iphone version and not the PC version. Iphone probably has the future, while the PC version is losing interest day by day.

What is Graal going to do about it? Just sit around like always and do nothing? Or are you gonna take the aging serious.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
because theyre out of touch with their community and tried targeting an audience that would alienate the majority of the users

nothing new m8 :[
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
qW£rt Classic Iphone
qw3rt is an unknown quantity at this point
I understand what you mean..., the best deal would be to open others PC servers to Iphone players or maybe in the future PSP or PS3 players(i saw a topic about it)
But maybe PC users won't like it idk.
Some of Iphone players don't really like PC graal cause it's new for them, they can't PLay everywhere contrary to their Idevices and less People.
Globally people begins to play games when they're kid, it's a fact there nothing to do for that i think?.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The forum community is getting older. The average age of servers like Era is still in the 13-18 year range. But I agree completely with your statement about the website. 13-18 is not 4-8.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:27 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
What is Graal going to do about it? Just sit around like always and do nothing? Or are you gonna take the aging serious.
i doubt they will do anything about it
Old 08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i doubt they will do anything about it
agreed.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
sux rite?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:12 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I agree entirely, the community has gotten 2 days older since this thread was made.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
i agree entirely, the community has gotten 2 days older since this thread was made.
lolrly?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
How so?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
I feel as the website does need to be updated. It is too childish looking as of now.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I agree entirely, the community has gotten 2 days older since this thread was made.
you 2 days younger though.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The forum community is getting older. The average age of servers like Era is still in the 13-18 year range. But I agree completely with your statement about the website. 13-18 is not 4-8.
I like being protected from the internet by forums I rarely visit though, makes me feel safe and secure.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Let's make the Graal more like SecondLife.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Uhm correct me if i'm wrong but, if people quit quit graal they still have birthdays and will be recognised by the graal forums birthday calender, the Graal population is also falling in general and alot of younger players don't create forum accounts. For all 3 of these reasons the average age can only increase. The method used is very unreliable and probably very far from the true average graal player age i'd estimate it's about 16 - 17 (if we include Iphone 11 - 12)