Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Galdor Galdor is offline
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,434
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Maloria should be improved

First you choose a class and where your character comes from or something

Tralitai - Fierce and civilized people from the east!
Inuia - Brute warriors from the frozen tundras in the north
Nayfle - Sly woodsmen from the west

Really deep and interesting, makes you want to know more...

You get no introduction to how things works, they just assume you know because they know.

You start of in this dark ass room that is horrible designed, on some kind of throne pillar made of... chairs? why?

As you most likely have played or at least tried *** before you know that yellow ! = quest, so you drag your ass over to talk with the npc,
he gives you this quest:

"There's a woman walking around just outside of here. Maybe you should go see if she needs any help?"

Sounds interesting, right?... The woman outside tells you that the world depends on you helping her,
she wont explain what the hell shes talking about but instead sends you on a mental breakdown journey.

Several extremely pointless quests that was giving no effort at all later this final epic quest is given you:

"This is the final quest. Satan is trying to destroy the multiverse,
and only the advanced Octopus People can challenge him. You must find the Octopus City
and inform them of Satan's plans; they will know what to do"

... What?!

After finding the guardians of octopus land, they will only let you into their world if you get them spider silk for party clothes...

I got into the octopus world and all they wanted to do was to make friendship necklaces with me.

Maloria is like a big joke that gets worse the further into it you go. The scripts are quite impressive but EVERYTHING ELSE (except some gfx) is horrible and
would make anyone that haven't played graal before nauseous and confused.

1/ 10
__________________
Links
Draenin's Villains
Draenin's Quests

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.

Last edited by Galdor; 02-04-2011 at 11:41 PM..
  #2  
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Personally I saw everything galdor said, a lil hostle commentary but he isn't unmerited by what he says. There's also quite a few bugs and everything just feels very incomplete, I know you guys wanted to hit classic but could you have hit classic with you know... more structural basis? The octopus and satan bit sounds like a joke between RC staff on one bored ass night.
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
  #3  
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 20,000
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
__________________
  #4  
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Demisis_P2P Demisis_P2P is offline
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,357
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I spent about 15 minutes at the character select screen trying to decide what character to make and then I just gave up.

Would be nice if you could play as a 'novice' class for a few levels before picking a class to specialize in. Or give more information on each class and nation.
__________________
  #5  
Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
DemonSpawnn DemonSpawnn is offline
GFX
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: .
Posts: 218
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
Meh, better then any other server ATM. :/
  #6  
Old 02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
xXziroXx xXziroXx is offline
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,288
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Hold your fingers crossed and hope that its daytime in game or else you wont see a ****... or wait, maybe thats a good thing.
You must be having a really dark monitor. I've tried the darkness settings out on four different computers without experiencing it to be too dark (all with default monitor settings). Also, you can easily disable lighteffectsenabled in F3 options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
First you choose a class and where your character comes from or something

Tralitai - Fierce and civilized people from the east!
Inuia - Brute warriors from the frozen tundras in the north
Nayfle - Sly woodsmen from the west

Really deep and interesting, makes you want to know more...
It's just a general idea of the nations, more will be introduced in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
You get no introduction to how things works, they just assume you know because they know.
Such as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
As you most likely have played or at least tried *** before you know that yellow ! = quest, so you drag your ass over to talk with the npc,
he gives you this quest:
Exclamation and question marks are common standards of quests in MMO's nowadays, in case you missed it. I can name numerous MMO's that utilize it, including the biggest of them all. I'm sorry if you don't recognize this standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
"There's a woman walking around just outside of here. Maybe you should go see if she needs any help?"

Sounds interesting, right?... The woman outside tells you that the world depends on you helping her,
she wont explain what the hell shes talking about but instead sends you on a mental breakdown journey.
I don't know about you, but I usually don't want a story revealed too me all at once. It will be gradually introduced as you progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Several extremely pointless quests that was giving no effort at all later this final epic quest is given you:

"This is the final quest. Satan is trying to destroy the multiverse,
and only the advanced Octopus People can challenge him. You must find the Octopus City
and inform them of Satan's plans; they will know what to do"

... What?!

After finding the guardians of octopus land, they will only let you into their world if you get them spider silk for party clothes...

I got into the octopus world and all they wanted to do was to make friendship necklaces with me.
I think it's pretty funny actually. No need to be so serious about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Maloria is like a big joke that gets worse the further into it you go. The scripts are quite impressive but EVERYTHING ELSE (except some gfx) is horrible and
would make anyone that haven't played graal before nauseous and confused.

1/ 10
Again. What?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I spent about 15 minutes at the character select screen trying to decide what character to make and then I just gave up.

Would be nice if you could play as a 'novice' class for a few levels before picking a class to specialize in. Or give more information on each class and nation.
I'm not sure what additional information you'd like on the classes, they're pretty basic and common ones.
__________________

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  #7  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
gwFCCtennis gwFCCtennis is offline
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 229
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Octopus people gonna strangle satan with their eight arms of wrath
  #8  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
MattKan MattKan is offline
the KattMan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,325
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
The thing about the kingdoms is that being in a kingdom doesn't actual mean anything. And I think that is supposed to be a major part of the server, so shouldn't you have finished that before release?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru Iwata
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
  #9  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
RegretZ RegretZ is offline
Me.
RegretZ's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 415
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Octopus people gonna strangle satan with their eight arms of wrath
The story could be a bit more...thought out. The whole "Satan is a loser and he's my female canine" quest was really...childish? Unprofessional? It seems like they were trying way to hard to be funny and it almost detracts from the more serious RPG environment.
  #10  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
MattKan MattKan is offline
the KattMan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,325
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
The story could be a bit more...thought out. The whole "Satan is a loser and he's my female canine" quest was really...childish? Unprofessional? It seems like they were trying way to hard to be funny and it almost detracts from the more serious RPG environment.
Childish is the wrong word to use. It was an added bit of attempted humor, that I found a tiny bit funny for one second in my mind, but then I forgot about it. I don't really think that it subtracts from the server, though.

Well, it does make the server less serious, but who said it was serious in the first place? And even if the server is trying to be serious, that one single quest doesn't matter much.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru Iwata
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
  #11  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM
RegretZ RegretZ is offline
Me.
RegretZ's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 415
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Childish is the wrong word to use. It was an added bit of attempted humor, that I found a tiny bit funny for one second in my mind, but then I forgot about it. I don't really think that it subtracts from the server, though.

Well, it does make the server less serious, but who said it was serious in the first place? And even if the server is trying to be serious, that one single quest doesn't matter much.
It's one of the only quests....
And the RPG environment is usually supposed to be a bit more serious. You don't see Runescape or WoW putting out quests like that. Or Zodiac even. I just think it seems too silly.
  #12  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Galdor Galdor is offline
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,434
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
It's not that I think it has to be super serious. I don't mind "easter eggs" and out of place things for lols but I just find it ridiculously silly and effortless.
And I know you guys have worked hard on this for several years so I cant really understand why you choose base the servers story on a couple of bad jokes.

I don't know if the super dark night was a bug caused by overlapping effect or something because right now its fine.
__________________
Links
Draenin's Villains
Draenin's Quests

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.

Last edited by Galdor; 02-04-2011 at 05:50 PM..
  #13  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
MattKan MattKan is offline
the KattMan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,325
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
It's one of the only quests....
And the RPG environment is usually supposed to be a bit more serious. You don't see Runescape or WoW putting out quests like that. Or Zodiac even. I just think it seems too silly.
I dont quite understand your logic behind "the RPG environment is supposed to be serious". Says who? Maybe Maloria is a non-serious RPG game
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru Iwata
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
  #14  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:26 PM
RegretZ RegretZ is offline
Me.
RegretZ's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 415
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Maybe Maloria is a non-serious RPG game
  #15  
Old 02-04-2011, 04:28 PM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You might also enjoy masochism if you enjoy Maloria, I logged off after being forced into a party and then killed by the same party members as we tried to get those bloody pearls. I get it's supposed to be PvP but that's just ****ing frustrating as hell when you're not being 1-hitted casually walking from place to place. Another thing that frustrated me was being killed and then respawning right away because I was mashing S, and then respawning in what feels like a random place.
__________________
Quote:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.