Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should This Be The Way To Fix The Problem?
Yes! 7 77.78%
No. -If so post a better way to solve the problem> 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 01:46 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Stop The Itemtrade Glitch: Heres How!

Alright here is how you could stop people from using "/itemtrade <account>" to scam people.

Make it so there is a 30 second timer that gets activated when "Cancel" is clicked.

Wait I have to wait 30 seconds for a trade to close!!! NEVER... Now here is part two of the trade update. In order for the trade to close before the timer goes out BOTH players in the trade must cancel or simply wait 30 seconds...

It would look something like this.

Questions, Comments, or Concerns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trading.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	46158  
Old 10-12-2008, 03:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It's not really a glitch, but I guess this would work. I don't think a 30 second wait is necessary, however.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
There is a 10 second timer that starts after a trade is canceled, it just runs silently. I'm not sure why people are still having problems with this.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
There is a 10 second timer that starts after a trade is canceled, it just runs silently. I'm not sure why people are still having problems with this.
Really, some kid was trying to scam me earlier and hey went into the same room and I knew what he was doing. So I dropped a shovel instead of my GG and he came running after it. The 10 seconds isnt working or isnt good enough because it seems like after the trade is canceled it closes instantly... But I think my idea for even 20-30 second timer that isn't silent would be very useful, it will allow you to see the trade being canceled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It's not really a glitch, but I guess this would work. I don't think a 30 second wait is necessary, however.
If BOTH players push cancel, then you wont have to wait for the timer.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I don't understand. How are people scamming other people? It looks like you're trading an item to an account and then talking about drop trading.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:23 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
If BOTH players push cancel, then you wont have to wait for the timer.
Like I said, a thirty second timer isn't necessary. Ten seconds would be more than enough. That, or just leave the window open on the other screen with the text saying like "The other side cancelled".
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
I don't understand. How are people scamming other people? It looks like you're trading an item to an account and then talking about drop trading.
If they hit cancel, the window closes, and you drop the item before realizing the window closes.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:33 AM
a true gentlemen
Well what if you enabled drop confirm on trades??? Because I have drop confirm on and when trades are up they get disabled. If the other player cancels to get your item the drop confirm comes up instead of dropping your item on the ground. Then you can avoid getting scammed!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:57 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
this shouldn't be happening

there are 3 things preventing this

1. drop confirm. when you drop an item, it asks you if you want to drop it.
2. if you're dragging an item while a trade is canceled, that item is put back in your inventory (meaning you're not dragging it around your screen anymore)
3. if you drop an item 3 seconds after a trade is canceled, it won't drop.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Understood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
it is though.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:59 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It should actually be around 5 or 10 seconds, dont know anymore. I added this to prevent exactly this problem. I wonder why it doesnt seem to work for some people..
Old 10-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Stop wasting time on an anti-scam system and go for something more important. Scamming is going to happen no matter what; it's apart of Era. Are there really that many idiots on Era that get scammed to the point where the main focus on development is an anti-scam script?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:33 PM
xChugxLifex
when you go to put an item in item trade to sell it to someone and they cancel it at the perfect time, you wind up dropping your weapon and they pick it up. that's not stupidity at all.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:

there are 3 things preventing this

1. drop confirm. when you drop an item, it asks you if you want to drop it.
2. if you're dragging an item while a trade is canceled, that item is put back in your inventory (meaning you're not dragging it around your screen anymore)
I say implement all of these ideas. I also had the idea of #3, but 1 and 2 are much better.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:43 PM
xChugxLifex
they are implemented but for some reason not working right
Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Stop wasting time on an anti-scam system and go for something more important. Scamming is going to happen no matter what; it's apart of Era. Are there really that many idiots on Era that get scammed to the point where the main focus on development is an anti-scam script?
There's got to be a safe option and a stupid option. Unfortunately the safe option isn't working right now and we'd like to fix it.