Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Gang Guns Be Available To Everyone?
Yes. 7 25.93%
No. 16 59.26%
I Don't Really Care... 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
The only reason I hated some of the quest was because you needed a group. If you were to take some "vacation" you'd end up having to team up with some trials who have no idea what the hell is going on and never finish the quest. Also the fact that this is a modern server; I never had the idea of a genre like that to have quest until I first logged on this one.

Speaking of trials, staff really, and I mean really need to make some sort of newbie course for them. They log on and are instantly killed once they walk out side of "unstick me". And once they actually learn how to even get a few bucks in their wallet (based off the fact if they stay on long enough to learn), they easily get scammed by some Era veteran.

This is why Zodiac usually has more players. They have a course in the beginning that gives them an idea on what the hell is going on. The newbies on Era end up leaving after about 10 unexplained deaths.
A newbie course is planned.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
zodiac really isn't any better. as soon as you walk out of OSL you get slammed by ***gots farming kills off of low levels. just like you get killed on Era.
No kidding. But at least by the time that happens they know how to avoid it and they know what that whole bull is about. On Era, they can't even tell where and what the difference between a PK zone and a Non-PK zone is.

That's pretty much why I voted for an indoor "unstick me". If you're worried about people door laming, just add more than one entrance, or even a sewer exit.

Last edited by Yocas; 09-07-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Old 09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
The outdoor stick is great because you have so many places to go, I think maybe like a multiple choice unstick dunno if thats possible though..Atleast it would take a little work like let people say "unstick 1" or "unstick2" to go to different unsticks so people cant camp them all day

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
let people say "unstick 1" or "unstick2" to go to different unsticks so people cant camp them all day
Well I think thats a good idea, but I also think this is a good idea... When you die a menu pops up like when you wanna be revived saying North Hosp. Or South Ridge Hosp.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:04 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
---
You (Sun Sep 07 03:46:04 2008):

well thats good, so i need to know something what is the problem with eras economy is it too much wealth or too much items and not enought money to back it up i really have no clue

---
Opposite (Sun Sep 07 03:48:07 2008):

Well to be exact, the problems that faces the economy are; High prices of every item in the economy, too much money in people's pockets. Probably more.

---
You (Sun Sep 07 03:49:48 2008):

ok thats what i thought the problem was, because i have a hopfully great idea to fix the problem but it might require a reset, and i might post the idea on the forums 2marrow

---
Opposite (Sun Sep 07 03:54:06 2008):

A resert is what the staffs are trying to evade. I know restting seems evitable, but that is the last resort I think the staffs will do if else fails.

---
You (Sun Sep 07 03:56:26 2008):

well yes but ill suggest my idea which might require a reset not sure i havnt written the idea on paper yet

---
Opposite (Sun Sep 07 03:56:50 2008):

Oh, well good luck. The Administrators are close minded and concieted and They won't accept any ideas from the community.

---

You (Sun Sep 07 04:06:02 2008):

lemme ask you something, do you think eras economy would be better if there was a limited amount of money on the entire server

---
Opposite (Sun Sep 07 04:06:22 2008):

What do you mean by that?

---
You (Sun Sep 07 04:09:23 2008):

well on my test level i have an example safe that represents the entire servers money and economy... and lets say theres only 1mil in that safe... when you make money like sell one shell for 5 bucks the economys safe drops 5 bucks... now lets say theres only 800k in that save, which means the 200k is with the people now and i release a 5k gun money goes back into safe and so on lol long

---
You (Sun Sep 07 04:10:16 2008):

so wouldnt the money stay the same??? it was just go back and forth from the people to the serversafe

---
Opposite (Sun Sep 07 04:12:09 2008):

Nah than the safe would be bankrupt, and whatnot. One way I would do it is that the economy will be monitored. It's similar to yours. It shows how much money is out there in the economy meaning putting everyone's money and making an estimate. Than monitor items, so that duping may be detected, etc.

---
This is a conversation I had with a friend on Era yesterday, and my question is could this work, if not what could make it better?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Lucas
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
One thing I don't want to see after the next reset (if there is one) is speed levels. For the love of Allah, DELETE THEM ALREADY.

On a side note, claymores could use a little tweaking. If they are going to be a one hit death trap then they should have a delay or some sort of way for the player to avoid them. It's kind of annoying coming out of the hospital, after waiting for your entire health bar to regenerate, and having to do it all over again because of the claymores that are laid right outside.

A three second countdown would be nice.

Quote:
Opposite (Sun Sep 07 03:56:50 2008):

Oh, well good luck. The Administrators are close minded and concieted and They won't accept any ideas from the community.
lol
Old 09-08-2008, 01:41 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
well on my test level i have an example safe
This is my Testlevel.nw I was talking about, I hope this makes my last post a little more clear... If not it's still a fun level to mess around with a gun offline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
One thing I don't want to see after the next reset (if there is one) is speed levels. For the love of Allah, DELETE THEM ALREADY.
Lol, I'm thinking the only reason the speed levels are on Era is so we all stop carrying so much stuff and so we all put it in a locker and spend alot of money for Locker time and for the locker itself... Maybe, but i do enjoy the speed system because it makes it easier to kill people who are carrying alot of stuff...
Attached Files
File Type: nw testlevel.nw (16.3 KB, 106 views)
Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post

Lol, I'm thinking the only reason the speed levels are on Era is so we all stop carrying so much stuff and so we all put it in a locker and spend alot of money for Locker time and for the locker itself... Maybe, but i do enjoy the speed system because it makes it easier to kill people who are carrying alot of stuff...
It makes it easier to kill people who haven't spent their time leveling up speed in a virtual gym. I got to level 1 and stopped because I couldn't see my self doing this every day when I could be at an actual gym working out.

As I mentioned this before, the fact that some people can move as fast, if not faster, than a bullet is stupid as hell. I rather the default speed just kept at level 1 or 2; none of this leveling system bull should had ever been added.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Create a bot that will do the work for you while you're at the gym in real life.

Simple.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
If you do multiple unstick me's, than your bound to have warpers. Locations will be easier to get to. Leaving a lot of things unbalanced.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:16 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
That's why they made other ways of getting out of the osl tho ;o
era has many other ways of getting out too. it's outside. you have 4 different directions you can go in, lol.

gym levels will not exist after the reset. if anything, the gym will turn into temporary speed/strength boosts instead of permanent. as in, run on the treadmill for like 3 minutes and get a speed boost for 15 - 20 minutes.

also
we are not close minded.
a lot of ideas that are suggested to me can not be done on the live server. stefan refuses to give us a free dev server and nobody has the money to fork over. there are a lot of changes that are going to be made to era after the reset. we haven't done any of those changes because we can't do it live. I know for a fact people aren't going to want the server shut down for a month so we can do these things.

Last edited by Frankie; 09-08-2008 at 02:28 AM..
Old 09-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Lucas
Quote:
gym levels will not exist after the reset.
+10 respect points
Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
This might make it lagish but just create another gmap that the only way to get to it is by warping to it, and do all your testings and whatnot there.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
a lot of ideas that are suggested to me can not be done on the live server. stefan refuses to give us a free dev server and nobody has the money to fork over. there are a lot of changes that are going to be made to era after the reset. we haven't done any of those changes because we can't do it live. I know for a fact people aren't going to want the server shut down for a month so we can do these things.
I'm just going to guess after the reset Era won't be back online for maybe a week or two for testing??
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 AM
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
This might make it lagish but just create another gmap that the only way to get to it is by warping to it, and do all your testings and whatnot there.
Isn't that what Dev servers are for?