Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
noplayerkilling()

Would anyone know if there's some sort of workaround to make players 'dontblock()' or 'block()'. On a gmap I can use noplayerkilling() via clientside, but that really defeats the purpose when they walk outside of my no pk zone.

Would be super if I could do something along the lines of:

noplayerkilling(true);
noplayerkilling(false);
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
You wish.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
hello!

in v6 there is now the clientside variable player.isblocking (boolean). however it is only effective on your own client, so you would have to loop through other player objects clientside and set isblocking to false

you could also possibly try writing player.gmap.nopkzone = true; on client now that the variable isnt read-only anymore, but i dont know if it will work

with that said, the best thing to do if youre willing to use up more cpu is script an entirely custom movement system
Old 07-28-2014, 11:58 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Way better, thank you Jakov. That did exactly as intended.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
youre welcome!

what solution did you go with?
Old 07-29-2014, 01:17 AM
a true gentlemen
I went with looping through allplayers via clientside checking their location on the gmap. If they're within a certain areas (no pk zones), they won't block. In Era's case though, I did a little extra step and did checks to see if a player was set to pk mode which would cause them to block even in a no pk zone. Very useful btw.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:21 AM
NaS
Restraint will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I went with looping through allplayers via clientside checking their location on the gmap. If they're within a certain areas (no pk zones), they won't block. In Era's case though, I did a little extra step and did checks to see if a player was set to pk mode which would cause them to block even in a no pk zone. Very useful btw.
You could do the same by simply looping through players on the clientside, instead of allplayers.

And, just a heads-up, you CAN alter player killing back and forth.

this.level.nopkzone = true/false;
Old 08-21-2014, 11:08 AM
a true gentlemen
Yeah, I know we do that events a lot. I used allplayers since I already have the loop active with a map system. No need to make a whole new weapon for a one liner.