Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post

give us an option to choose which inventory to have on login or just let us keep the inventory we had when we logged off
so?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I don't think so
Nope.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:34 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
only problem I have with it so far:

I like how if you hold the Q key down, the inventory will close when the key is released, but if you just tap the key it will stay open. but when you have the inventory open while holding Q, when you click the search bar the inventory closes (unless you click the search bar quickly after pressing and holding the Q key which will result in qqqqqqqqqq in the search bar) maybe have it so if you're holding the inventory open, clicking the search bar will revert to the inventory staying open when you release the Q key, but also halt any text being input until the Q key is released (to prevent qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq)
Old 05-08-2014, 11:42 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I've tried fixing that search field, it seems to break/work randomly. I may just do away with that comletely unless anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

I personally use the mini version of the inventory.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:48 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've tried fixing that search field, it seems to break/work randomly. I may just do away with that comletely unless anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

I personally use the mini version of the inventory.
You could just only show the search when they single tap it open.

I would try and simulate behavior like the windows start menu:

press Q then be able to type in M4 (or w/e) and press enter to select/use it.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:39 PM
a true gentlemen
I'll try to mess with it tonight. I've been busy the past couple days. In order to accomplish this I'd probably just disable hotkeys/misc systems to prevent interference while it's toggled open.

Edit: I got the search bar to toggle when the inventory stays open. It's not as fluid as I'd like it to be though. Might just make it show up as an alpha transition. I'll do the type to search later.

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 05-10-2014 at 11:28 PM..
Old 05-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Nope.
stop behaving like a 12 year old girl. i just don't like your inventory, as many others, so give us the option to use the old one which worked fine for years
Old 05-12-2014, 04:35 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
something is up with the inventory. I can't assign a key to hotkey because it keeps typing the key I want to hotkey into the search bar in the inventory. I double click the weapon to make sure I don't have a cursor in the search bar, but it still happens. I can't remove the search bar either. I think last time it was removable or at least it didn't pop up unless you wanted it to or something.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:40 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
something is up with the inventory. I can't assign a key to hotkey because it keeps typing the key I want to hotkey into the search bar in the inventory. I double click the weapon to make sure I don't have a cursor in the search bar, but it still happens. I can't remove the search bar either. I think last time it was removable or at least it didn't pop up unless you wanted it to or something.
Whoops, sorry about that, I forgot to have it check it you were trying to hotkey an item.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
i say /inventory more in this game now than ANY OTHER WORD
Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 PM
a true gentlemen
I could always disable the command so you don't have to say it anymore.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I could always disable the command so you don't have to say it anymore.
Just disable the new inventory. Or make a legitimate toggle like every player in this thread has requested.

Seriously, I'd like to see the percentage of people that use it.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:01 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Or just delete the old inventory.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:58 AM
a true gentlemen
It says 74% of the players use the new inventory. It tells me every time I login.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The last remaining changes I would suggest is:

1. Re-adding that left player info window that showed current equipped item, health, cash, speed, potion, etc. As well as an option to hide it. Currently some of this information is in the right window and it just looks kind of bad since it's just a multi-line text control.
2. Updating the right item info window to show the red bars with a number over them. Perhaps let them toggle between the 'raw' version you have right now and the prettier one.

After those changes are made I don't see why anyone would want to use the old inventory.