Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 04:46 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
terribly implemented. i won't even go over everything because i was forced to change back to the old inventory after 2 minutes
What? It's **** like this that results in bugs not being fixed. What exactly did you experience?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:02 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
From outside looking in:

1. You should make an 'auto-sort' so people don't have to manually move items into tabs before they can take advantage of the new system.
2. You seem to have hold Q to keep the inventory open -- probably a bug.
3. You should implement some kind of keyboard navigation, and/or make the search field a firstresponder so I can press Q then type in guns or whatever to find what I'm looking for without having to click the search field with my mouse.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
What? It's **** like this that results in bugs not being fixed. What exactly did you experience?
I have to type /inventory twice every time I login to remove it, the first time it says 'Added the New Inventory' even though I already have the new one.

Should just be a toggle under the options menu, tired of dying cause I can't find my icecream every 5 minutes when we get d/c from Graal.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
From outside looking in:

1. You should make an 'auto-sort' so people don't have to manually move items into tabs before they can take advantage of the new system.
2. You seem to have hold Q to keep the inventory open -- probably a bug.
3. You should implement some kind of keyboard navigation, and/or make the search field a firstresponder so I can press Q then type in guns or whatever to find what I'm looking for without having to click the search field with my mouse.
Yeah, an auto-sort might be worth doing. Holding 'Q' to keep the inventory open was done on purpose. Your last suggestion would be useful, but since you have to hold 'Q' it wouldn't really work.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:59 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah, an auto-sort might be worth doing. Holding 'Q' to keep the inventory open was done on purpose. Your last suggestion would be useful, but since you have to hold 'Q' it wouldn't really work.
It's definitely worth doing, you must have some sort of categorization that you can do to do a pre-sort for people instead of forcing them to organize it themselves from the get go.

It seems counter-intuitive to me and annoying. Were you not annoyed by the fact you had to hold down Q for 2 minutes while you made that video?

I think something like this would work better:

1. If they press Q and don't hold it, leave it open, and use Q to close it again.
2. If they hold Q (> 0.2 seconds), close it when they let go.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 04-21-2014 at 01:48 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
It seems counter-intuitive to me and annoying. Were you not annoyed by the fact you had to hold down Q for 2 minutes while you made that video?
Just hit the X and the inventory stays open. That should give you plenty of time to sort your stuff one time.

Every other server has the same functionality of holding Q for inventory, given you only use a mouse to operate everything within the inventory I really don't see where your problem is.

It would be even more annoying if I had to double-tap Q to use it honestly. This is a fast paced server where you quickly select a item then switch back with hot-key, not search your inventory for the cutest item to use.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 PM
a true gentlemen
Thanks for the advice, before I logged off today I was able to get an auto sort feature done. I just have to make a GUI option for it in the options "gear".

Quote:
I only held 'Q' for no more than 30 seconds in the video. As Rogue stated, there's a 'X' lock to keep it open.

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 04-20-2014 at 10:17 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 01:46 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Just hit the X and the inventory stays open. That should give you plenty of time to sort your stuff one time.

Every other server has the same functionality of holding Q for inventory, given you only use a mouse to operate everything within the inventory I really don't see where your problem is.

It would be even more annoying if I had to double-tap Q to use it honestly. This is a fast paced server where you quickly select a item then switch back with hot-key, not search your inventory for the cutest item to use.
Why not have an item bar then so you don't have to go through the inventory at all?

Like I said holding Q it would function how you're used to but if you only tapped Q once it would open and stay open till you tapped Q again.

The only server that uses the Q hold system is GK while other servers use a Q toggle.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:36 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Why not have an item bar then so you don't have to go through the inventory at all?

Like I said holding Q it would function how you're used to but if you only tapped Q once it would open and stay open till you tapped Q again.

The only server that uses the Q hold system is GK while other servers use a Q toggle.
We really don't want to confuse the simple minded players of Era by changing how to open their inventory. Originally I had made the new inventory to do just that, but I got a lot of negative feedback that changing it from holding 'Q' to a toggle was just too confusing.

On a positive note, I did include an automatic sort feature in the "gears" option. Alpha is also new, it just let's you change the transparency of the inventory.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
in 2 minutes i found 2 bugs so i didn't bother to keep on using it:
1. it said i had X Desert Ravens whilst i have 2
2. when i take my finger off Q it still stays open if i'm on the search, which is terribly unpractical for PKing

ill try again in a couple of weeks hoping it becomes useful and not just better looking than the old inventory
Old 04-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
It says X because that's your hotkey for that weapon.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:57 PM
team canada
Quote:
We really don't want to confuse the simple minded players of Era by changing how to open their inventory. Originally I had made the new inventory to do just that, but I got a lot of negative feedback that changing it from holding 'Q' to a toggle was just too confusing.
I'm not saying get rid of Q-hold. I'm saying a single Q key stroke with no hold should toggle the menu open.

I.e: http://pastie.org/9097607
Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
in 2 minutes i found 2 bugs so i didn't bother to keep on using it:
1. it said i had X Desert Ravens whilst i have 2
2. when i take my finger off Q it still stays open if i'm on the search, which is terribly unpractical for PKing

ill try again in a couple of weeks hoping it becomes useful and not just better looking than the old inventory
LOL, those aren't bugs. The 'X' over your gun is telling you that it's hotkey'd. The reason it's staying open is because the other 'X' is locking the inventory open. If you hovered over your deagle it would say it's exact amount...

Oh that's a great idea, fowlplay. I didn't realize that's what you were referring to. Then I can get rid of the confusing 'X'.

Just updated the inventory with your code, that works so much better. Great idea.

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 04-21-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 10:35 PM
team canada
Quote:
Just updated the inventory with your code, that works so much better. Great idea.
Clicking Sort seems to close the inventory window, holding Q while clicking Sort causes the Inventory window to no longer open.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Clicking Sort seems to close the inventory window, holding Q while clicking Sort causes the Inventory window to no longer open.
I fixed that one specific bug, but I have to update a couple other things later (My connection atm keeps disconnecting). I'll be removing the 'X' toggle too for obvious reasons.

Edit: I fixed up a lot of the odd ball bugs I could find. The search bar seems to act up randomly while you hold 'Q'.

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 04-22-2014 at 04:00 AM..