Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Apart from the height problem that looks so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
Bet your ass I am. I'm going to get on anyone who passes judgement on something when they can't do any better themselves.
Argument should have stopped here really, because Dusty can do better and has.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
I think (although this isn't even the original point of the topic..) most of you are missing the point.

Tim is doing SOMETHING within his capabilities. Why would there ever be anything wrong with that?

Yes, gun updates and fancy new content would just be ****ing swell, I agree. But if you have a wayward graphics artist that's willing to sit down and put out some work to bring a fresh take to an old tileset..what's wrong with having them do that, too?

Plus, if I remember correctly, guns aren't being changed anymore as per alfonso's orders.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 PM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
CHARGIN MUH LAZR
Nice to see you're still a spineless little punk, Snake. I s'pose some people don't ever change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Argument should have stopped here really, because Dusty can do better and has.
My quarrel was never with him. I tip my hat to anyone who can utilize proper grammar regularly, and in this case, use logic in an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow
"Extremely" limited space to work with? Tilesets? Are you living under a rock? Geez. Just because a server works even though it looks like a steaming pile of crap doesn't mean you shouldn't work on improving the graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva
Graphics could be worked over without changing levels, as it was shown above, and would not impede on the progress of the rest of the server. Your approach to development seems to be like a lot of people who don't really know how to approach it: "we have BIG PROBLEMS thus we can never do SMALL STUFF on the side."
Did I not say there was room for improvement? Pretty f*cking sure I did. Wait, let me s-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade
There are SOME things that could be improved - the only thing that springs to mind right now is some of the older guns, but to suggest some sort of overhaul is completely ridiculous.
oh, right! There it is!

Maybe it's just my prehistoric, old guard marine corps mindset, but I think you can make a pretty damn fine-looking server with what Era currently has. Of course graphics can be improved - to a degree. I referenced Graal3D as an attempt to improve drastically on our graphics - it never even got off the ground. Why, I'm not sure, but one way to think is because what we have works.

You guys are acting like we have f*cking picket lines on the server as if the whole game looks like a steaming pile of crap. We aren't on Runescape, come on - I'm with Crono, this has gone SO FAR past any sort of relevance to what I posted to begin with. To summarize my position in this trainwreck of a thread, I'm only saying that I think people seem to be asking for too much. If what was requested of the server were more definitively quantified, then we could really get into the meat and potatoes of this. Since my opinion isn't shared, and my rep's taking a hit (twice, actually, I lolled irl), I'll kindly shut the f*ck up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva
So people criticize a server and you jump to insulting them? You take things way too personally and just seem like some jerk who would rather insult people than listen to useful advice.
Listen man, I've got some pretty thick skin beat into me, I mistake other people for having it too - I call people a**holes about as much as Denis Leary in Rescue Me. I certainly don't like your attitude, or your position, but you have my respect - don't get it twisted.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:27 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I referenced Graal3D as an attempt to improve drastically on our graphics
It wasn't.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
@Tim: Looks definitely better, if you take the time to convert it and fix the errors, I see no reason why NOT to use it.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Social Worker
water95 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the sidewalk on the one on the left, but the street is way to vague.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
tim, you rock
Old 09-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
oh, right! There it is!
Where you say there was room for improvement had no correlation to where I said there was room for improvements -- graphics.
Quote:
Maybe it's just my prehistoric, old guard marine corps mindset, but I think you can make a pretty damn fine-looking server with what Era currently has. Of course graphics can be improved - to a degree. I referenced Graal3D as an attempt to improve drastically on our graphics - it never even got off the ground. Why, I'm not sure, but one way to think is because what we have works.
The graphics can be improved to a vast degree. Also, Graal3D was not an improvement of graphics. It was simply 3D. 3D does not automatically mean better graphics, so that was a horrible example. Graal3D was also widely considered to be pretty horrible looking as well.

The fact that you consider 3D graphics to be automatically superior to 2D graphics shows how little you understand on the subject.

Quote:
Listen man, I've got some pretty thick skin beat into me, I mistake other people for having it too - I call people a**holes about as much as Denis Leary in Rescue Me. I certainly don't like your attitude, or your position, but you have my respect - don't get it twisted.
I never said I was offended, but it simply showed how much thought you put into your arguments, or lack thereof, that they even had to make their way into your posts.

Anyways, I'm not saying that priorities need to take a hit. That's dumb. But there are a reason there are such things as priorities, and priorities also don't need to work in a linear way. Anyone who has developed knows this. You can work on larger things, and smaller things at the same time. In fact, it's probably for the better. Usually the things that really need to be fixed are the ones that are the most time-consuming, and honestly, not the most fun. Working on those problems all the time will burn a developer out, make them lose interest. Spending a little time on some other things that eventually will need to be fixed is a good way to be productive and not burn out your motivation on the larger things that most desperately need to be done.

I pity any developer that doesn't indulge himself in little side projects when they're bored, or have run into a wall with the bigger projects.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:08 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Where you say there was room for improvement had no correlation to where I said there was room for improvements -- graphics.

The graphics can be improved to a vast degree. Also, Graal3D was not an improvement of graphics. It was simply 3D. 3D does not automatically mean better graphics, so that was a horrible example. Graal3D was also widely considered to be pretty horrible looking as well.

The fact that you consider 3D graphics to be automatically superior to 2D graphics shows how little you understand on the subject.

I never said I was offended, but it simply showed how much thought you put into your arguments, or lack thereof, that they even had to make their way into your posts.

Anyways, I'm not saying that priorities need to take a hit. That's dumb. But there are a reason there are such things as priorities, and priorities also don't need to work in a linear way. Anyone who has developed knows this. You can work on larger things, and smaller things at the same time. In fact, it's probably for the better. Usually the things that really need to be fixed are the ones that are the most time-consuming, and honestly, not the most fun. Working on those problems all the time will burn a developer out, make them lose interest. Spending a little time on some other things that eventually will need to be fixed is a good way to be productive and not burn out your motivation on the larger things that most desperately need to be done.

I pity any developer that doesn't indulge himself in little side projects when they're bored, or have run into a wall with the bigger projects.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on your approach on developing. I LATed here and there for Val and Era, but I've never claimed it on my resume, as it were.

Where did I imply improvement on anything other than graphics? We've been talking about the tileset, and graphics in general, right? I didn't know I deviated from that.

As far as the 3D response, don't imply that I'm stupid. Obviously FF7 smokes Super Mario 64. I picked a bad example, I guess, but I know full goddamn well how development works, I managed my team for the better part of a year, and I've received nothing but praise concerning my reign.

I put plenty of thought into everything I've said - the fact is you clearly have more experience than me, and I can only generalize. Despite what people who've known me for a good bit may think, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong or to shut up when I've been shown my place. Haven't I already bowed out of this whole thing?

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I agree with Crono. The sidewalks are a tad too high.
Well, I'll make them a little lower, they are a bit higher than the previous road tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
@Tim: Looks definitely better, if you take the time to convert it and fix the errors, I see no reason why NOT to use it.
I already did all that last night, do you see more errors or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
tim, you rock
Thanks, I do my best.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
@Tim looks good reminds me of like old aeon tileset ;D
Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
plz work on more important stuff lmao
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
plz work on more important stuff lmao
Yes like new guns! [/sarcasm]

Old 09-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
yea!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Better or worse?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1qoaih.png
Views:	63
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	53781