Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
After those changes are made I don't see why anyone would want to use the old inventory.
New one is too dark, and too big, and off center.

In the old inventory I can select my items without even looking at the screen. It's just a preference, and I really don't see any need to change whatsoever since both essentially do the exact same thing.

But throwing this thing in our face every time we log-in is really ridiculous and unprofessional, after we asked for a legitimate toggle multiple times.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:41 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
It says 74% of the players use the new inventory. It tells me every time I login.
Prove it.

And if that's true its because its forced upon everyone.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:28 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Prove it.

And if that's true its because its forced upon everyone.
Yea, I sometimes login and end up going to do things and afk for awhile before I pk.

I always die the first time I go into the base cause I have to stop and /inventory it back...

Put it as a toggle and after a week see how many people have it still toggled on.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Ramsfan is on a distinguished road
Tim, I like your inventory.

Something I find annoying is it doesn't display my guns ammo.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsfan View Post
Tim, I like your inventory.

Something I find annoying is it doesn't display my guns ammo.
But it does...
Old 05-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
But it does...
You have more items in that one tab than I have in my entire inventory.

And to be fair you don't exactly pk for a living. (I see you now and then but yeah..)

Conflict of interests at its maximum. You collect and hold hundreds of thousands of items (I've seen your potions tab as well), while Rams probably just has the 2 guns I gave him and some cheese or something he stole from my house.
-----

If I could have a tab-less inventory with no information on the side unless I request it by right clicking a gun for example; which I can then just drag to the position I want it in; I would use it. This would fit for me. It would be x100 simpler than the one you have currently made. It would be the ultimate pk inventory. We don't want to read or sort **** or search for things, we want to set up a line of food/potions and leave our mouse on-top of that inventory slot without going blind to half of the screen every time we use it.

Until then, no I won't use your inventory, it is 5 steps in the wrong direction for my personal needs. Allow me to remove it for longer than one session. Thank you.
-----

Basically make a micro option you can toggle into for pk, it would only draw the first tab so you can still sort everything how you want and keep your current crap.
http://imgur.com/Al9bBko
Like this.

Last edited by Supaman771; 05-17-2014 at 05:21 PM..
Old 05-17-2014, 05:56 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Until then, no I won't use your inventory, it is 5 steps in the wrong direction for my personal needs. Allow me to remove it for longer than one session. Thank you.
A) You don't have to use the tabs.
B) You had plenty of time to make suggestions for the inventory months ago.
C) An update I was considering would be perfect for PKer's. It would simply allow you to have a quick menu that's always showing five or so items that you can set-up through the inventory. Wouldn't take up more space on your screen than the HUD would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The last remaining changes I would suggest is:

1. Re-adding that left player info window that showed current equipped item, health, cash, speed, potion, etc. As well as an option to hide it. Currently some of this information is in the right window and it just looks kind of bad since it's just a multi-line text control.
2. Updating the right item info window to show the red bars with a number over them. Perhaps let them toggle between the 'raw' version you have right now and the prettier one.

After those changes are made I don't see why anyone would want to use the old inventory.
I know there are some obvious improvements that should be done to the side panel. I am against doing a left side panel though, it would be better to just have the inventory dynamically update depending on what you're doing. So in the case of looking at a gun, the bars would show up along with other useful stats.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
why do people feel so damn entitled to have an option to keep the old inventory? as if it's uncommon for developers to create something new and push for it's use..
Old 05-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
It says 74% of the players use the new inventory. It tells me every time I login.
lmao that's a bit biased since every1 logs with the new inventory and 30% of era doesn't even know how to equip a gun
Old 05-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
why do people feel so damn entitled to have an option to keep the old inventory? as if it's uncommon for developers to create something new and push for it's use..
the old inventory was more functional in many ways. i understand that pretty boys who sit around at unstick all day prefer a coloured inventory, but some people on era like to kill and the new inventory has only brought disadvantages from that point of view.

if you go on the settings in the top left corner you'll notice that players are given various options and the inventory should be one of them. tim is just butthurt that most people dislike his inventory
Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
How exactly is the old inventory more functional? Mine takes advantage of every feature the old inventory has and more.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
i like the new one

Old 05-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
How exactly is the old inventory more functional? Mine takes advantage of every feature the old inventory has and more.
He used the word "functional", but I think he meant "utilitarian". And if that's what he meant, then he'd be right.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:50 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
He used the word "functional", but I think he meant "utilitarian". And if that's what he meant, then he'd be right.
I've cloned his inventory to my account, the amount of items he has makes the new inventory very useful.