Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
@Fiber, I like the way you think.
Yay
Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I don't think self-explanatory means what you think it means XD
If flower picking and everything else was self-explanatory, you wouldn't need explanations in the shops.

Basically, to make shops/services that have quasi-tutorials already in them a non-issue, you just strip those old ones out, and use one unified pop-up tutorial system.

That's one thing about Era that hasn't really so much annoyed me as kind of been in the background and becomes noticeable every now and then. The systems on this game, for the most part, are really patchwork. Nothing really matches with anything else, since everything was made by different people, at different times, with different teams. Everything just feels fragmented.

Those little tutorials are a good example. Sometimes you talk to someone who gives you a multi-page chat pop-up to scroll through. Sometimes the explanation is just a little note on a GUI. Sometimes it shows up in the messages in the corner of the screen. Sometimes it'll set your chat to display the explanation. It just doesn't have the feeling of a unified, monolithic help system that you now have the opportunity to create.

Monolithic - adjective:
consisting of one piece; solid or unbroken.
Very true, I like how you represented it as patchwork. Its exactly what the server is, old stuff stays old, new stuff looks new, every developer has their own way of doing something, whether it be levels, GUI, etc.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper

Am I cool yet

A unification of Era's scripts would pretty much require taking the whole server down, working on it for months/(years?), extensive bugtesting and fixing, and then a rerelease.

Since we can't even keep a consistent manager for more than a ~year, this is not really an ideal situation.

Ha I said we like I'm still here. You.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I don't think anyone was talking about unifying all of Era's scripts.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:58 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Since we can't even keep a consistent manager for more than a ~year, this is not really an ideal situation.
Heh.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Small bump. I've been testing it with my guest account and realized these three errors:

1. Dollar sign being way off (in the shop where you can sell your shells; also happened to other text parts inside that NPC)

2. "You're" instead of "your"

3. 'Up' and 'Down' arrows displaying small notifications are on the very left next to the map (also been there during the tutorial), while on my other account (having a gold subscription) they are on the very right. Not sure where it is supposed to be but either one seems bugged

Else it does look very nice covering the very basic stuff. Maybe you should also explain how you can earn more HP and cover some other stuff you come around pretty often (sparring, strafing, hotkeys etc)
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
there needs to be an incentive to spar, it would be nice to have more ppl hang out at the spar complex rather than at unstick
Old 08-25-2013, 03:45 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I kind of wish that Era actually had some form of Goal as a character other than just playing with guns in a sandbox environment town

I mean it has these RPG elements incorporated into it and obviously not being utilized to the form they were designed to be.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
stuff.
I'm not sure the first and third errors are actually caused by the tutorial. I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards no since the script doesn't trigger other scripts. Aside from that, I had the story line for the tutorial proof read several times. Lol, must've missed it.

I can't fix it though, so good luck!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'm not sure the first and third errors are actually caused by the tutorial. I could be wrong, but I'm leaning towards no since the script doesn't trigger other scripts. Aside from that, I had the story line for the tutorial proof read several times. Lol, must've missed it.

I can't fix it though, so good luck!
I miss proofreading everyone's everythings QQ

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.