Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:56 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Connection Error

Not really sure why this is happening, but every time i log on to RC I get this message..

Then after I check my email i activate it and I attempt to login and my RC says "Your IP is not listed in the ip range."

anyone know what the problem could be? This is very annoying, it takes a long time to find some one who can actually set your rights..
Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh easy.. Your IP is not listed in the IP range.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:23 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Then after I check my email i activate it and I attempt to login and my RC says "Your IP is not listed in the ip range."
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Oh easy.. Your IP is not listed in the IP range.
Really? wow I would of never guessed

For some reason my computer is changing it's PCID and it's IP address and nothing hardware/software has been changed or added to this computer, and it's the same computer I've been using ever since i got staff on Era..
Old 02-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
You can just put the first numbers if your IP for your IP Ranges on RC. ###.###.*.*
Unless it's changing all of them for some reason, you should call your ISP if this is going on.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 AM
a true gentlemen
The first set of numbers always stays the same
***.xxx.xx.xxx and the X's are always changing

and I just tested to see if it was my internet doing it and the message saying my pc needs to be approved when it has been at least 5 times now has showed up again..
Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Then get someone on RC to set your pcid the right way.

pc:123456

As well as make sure you using the latest RC2.

This is more Tech Support not Bug Report btw.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I had a problem once before where my IP kept changing. I use a cable connection to my modem, and it turned out the copper wire was corroded. Not sure if that's helpful, but you should call your ISP before attempting such an investigation. Tamper with it yourself without a go-ahead, they might deny you a tech support guy call-out if necessary.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 AM
a true gentlemen
Well I don't think this has anything to do with graal. I am currently using aol, and every time i connect and disconnect from aol I have a different IP address. So this is probably just my internet provider, I'll have to call and ask text support.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:42 AM
-Graal's LAT-
CatMater is on a distinguished road
This is the same **** that basically happening to me but when I check my email it never has even sent it in the first place.
Besides I'm using Comcast and not Aol.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMater View Post
This is the same **** that basically happening to me but when I check my email it never has even sent it in the first place.
Besides I'm using Comcast and not Aol.
Check your junk mail folder. I asked Stefan today if the pc protection emailing was broke again and he said its working fine.

Tim, definitely check with your isp. Your IP's and pc id's are all over the place. So bad in fact it looks like you're sharing your account with half of Graal,

Last edited by Bell; 02-12-2010 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: 10 second memory delay
Old 02-12-2010, 04:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Check your junk mail folder. I asked Stefan today if the pc protection emailing was broke again and he said its working fine.

Tim, definitely check with your isp. Your IP's and pc id's are all over the place. So bad in fact it looks like you're sharing your account with half of Graal,
It seems like his PCID is actually changing a lot on the same computer, not his IPs. His IPs have always been changing (going back and forth between school, library, home dialup, and home broadband )
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
There's nothing in my junk mail, and all i have is a few emails saying that i need to approve this computer..

Quote:
How do i check my isp?
edit: I just googled "how do i check my isp?" and it said this, ISP : America Online; doesn't really help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
His IPs have always been changing
Well yes, I go to a lot of places to access the internet, but shouldn't my home computer IP always be the same? I'm pretty sure it's always been the same, but I don't really know.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:58 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Well yes, I go to a lot of places to access the internet, but shouldn't my home computer IP always be the same? I'm pretty sure it's always been the same, but I don't really know.
If you're on a provider that offers that, then yes but unfortunately you aren't. Your best bet is to change providers, if you're in a semi-rural (outside the city) area you may be able to get a cell-phone tower based internet.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:26 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If you're on a provider that offers that, then yes but unfortunately you aren't. Your best bet is to change providers, if you're in a semi-rural (outside the city) area you may be able to get a cell-phone tower based internet.
This problem is started on Sunday, this has never happened before.. I tried Verizon myfi it's terrible, during game play your randomly disconnected, cost way to much money, and had a download limit.. My only option is Aol atm.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I had this problem when I had DSL, they had an IP Randomizer on my connection, oh how mad it would make me. But if his PCID is changing all the time I dont really know what to say.. maybe re dl graal and rc..Usually the only way it changes is if you force a change

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.