Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Thought this was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
Instead of a bed, for those of you who have played "B.O.B." for the Sega Genesis, maybe that style of healing could be implemented.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's basically a charge station that connects to your nerves and heals you gradually.
I like this idea, it sorta like that thing from star trek that the borg stand in to heal. I dunno what it's called but I found the picture below. I'm not a star trek fan but I do think there is some cool ideas that could be used from shows like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	In a Borg Alcove2.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	49121  
Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
I scripted a shielding system on debug that will probably replace the current health system in due time (it works like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, and any other games where you take damage and then automatically start healing after X amount of time of not getting hurt).
Old 08-01-2009, 06:47 PM
zorinkelpekem is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zorinkelpekem Send a message via Yahoo to zorinkelpekem
we got meds, isnt that enough ?if i read this it is about heals, if it doenst, what has this do to with zone ?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:49 PM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
I scripted a shielding system on debug that will probably replace the current health system in due time (it works like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, and any other games where you take damage and then automatically start healing after X amount of time of not getting hurt).
Get ready to delete it because people don't like huge changes that change gameplay on Zone z.z
Old 08-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
sounds cool
Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 AM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
Get ready to delete it because people don't like huge changes that change gameplay on Zone z.z
It's great because people can't heal during fights anymore, and you wont need to spend money on health packs because after a fight you regenerate your shield.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Wolf
Beowolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I agree with you zeru , that a good idea but she can't be able at Zone server because many noobs if their medkits finished they gonna run to heal there self and that its bad
Old 08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
That's a very nice concept, if you delete medkits also.
This way, fighting like on Iricia would be a giant spar.
But auto-regen would suck as in if you could avoid bullets for an ammount of time, people could just run to heal.

But it could start to regen like if you kill someone (auto-regen after one kill, or maybe a little heal?)
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Have you seen Zone's playercount compared to years in the past? A gameplay change would be GOOD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowolf View Post
I agree with you zeru , that a good idea but she can't be able at Zone server because many noobs if their medkits finished they gonna run to heal there self and that its bad
Funny, because it's not like 25 percent of the server got fed up with a bunch of lamers just jet packing away, healing, and coming right back at within a few seconds to kill you and quit, amirite. (Sarcasm)

If people had to RUN to a healer, and be frozen in that position while they heal, I'd prefer this rather than an instant heal and "Oh, I'll rush back out and kill him. ipwn!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post

But it could start to regen like if you kill someone (auto-regen after one kill, or maybe a little heal?)
A kill = a little regen or something, that'd be nice. Oh wait, who's gonna script?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:01 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
That's a very nice concept, if you delete medkits also.
This way, fighting like on Iricia would be a giant spar.
But auto-regen would suck as in if you could avoid bullets for an ammount of time, people could just run to heal.

I think it'd be possible to integrate said system AND medkits. Medkits would just provided a faster, more-costly alternative to waiting for your shields to regeneration. Obviously, they wouldn't be called 'medkits'.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:56 AM
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I think it'd be possible to integrate said system AND medkits. Medkits would just provided a faster, more-costly alternative to waiting for your shields to regeneration. Obviously, they wouldn't be called 'medkits'.
Too bad medkits aren't expensive at all.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
too bad medkits aren't expensive at all.
sshhhh
Old 08-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
It's a cool idea. I wouldn't mind the change.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
The trick to the shield system when fighting on a "heavily" (heavily as it gets, anyway, on zone) populated planet is to try not to get teamed. If you're taking on two people while lacking allies yourself, it starts off with them both going at you. Once you wound one of them enough that they get worried about dying, they run back, letting their other ally fight you for a bit. Then it's a tag team between them from there, where they can keep on healing, if successfully staying alive between swaps, but you, having to constantly be fighting, cannot. Unless you kill one of them right off the bat, you'll probably be screwed. It'll promote working together as a team, but it sucks in the sense that people can become very hard to kill.

Also, people should be stationary, not jetpacking or running like a little pansy, to regenerate their shield, at a SLOW RATE. (Sniper bait)
Old 08-16-2009, 09:44 PM
hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minomato View Post
The trick to the shield system when fighting on a "heavily" (heavily as it gets, anyway, on zone) populated planet is to try not to get teamed. If you're taking on two people while lacking allies yourself, it starts off with them both going at you. Once you wound one of them enough that they get worried about dying, they run back, letting their other ally fight you for a bit. Then it's a tag team between them from there, where they can keep on healing, if successfully staying alive between swaps, but you, having to constantly be fighting, cannot. Unless you kill one of them right off the bat, you'll probably be screwed. It'll promote working together as a team, but it sucks in the sense that people can become very hard to kill.

Also, people should be stationary, not jetpacking or running like a little pansy, to regenerate their shield, at a SLOW RATE. (Sniper bait)
People already run away and heal, also, I enjoy fighting against the odds. Just annoys me when 1 on 1 people have to run away and heal. If I die 2 on 1, I don't mind.

Snipers huh? The only people I see using snipers are the "lamers", no one in a sense with the right mind would pay for a sniper.