Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Wink win7 ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Works great for me on windows 7 64 bit.

These are such small things though. I'm pretty sure I will continue using the new client because of non-lag issues. :P
Agree.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:45 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
The message means your client is running faster than it should be (it's designed to detect people using programs like !xSpeed).

It took 9.615 seconds to trigger your client, run a 10 second timer, and send the results back to the server. Logically, this process should take >10 seconds, but false-positives do happen because timers are never 100% precise.

So unless for some reason 10 second timers are finishing way before 10 seconds with v6, I doubt this is a bug with the client. Era staff need to take a look at logs to see if it was just a one time thing, or if you were frequently beating the 10 seconds.
Yeah I did the logs and only once did it do this, I did try to explain but I don't think Chris understands
Old 10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Masa will become famous soon enough
I do understand, but there has to be some explanation.
Dead serious, I wasn't doing anything other than carrying donuts; no third-party program was involved. I'm kind of at a catch-22, here, because it seems there is no way out of it, other than considering the improbable.

I mean c'mon, I have no reason at all to speed up the "sprinkle donut" process.
Drop logs of the time I picked up the donuts would coincide with the ToRC flag, yes?
That's all I got, man.

Since it did only happen on v6, I figured it was an issue with the client.
If the detector just happened to "slip-up", I guess I'm just up the creek with no paddle.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Normally speed checks should not auto-ban, only be used when someone is reported as speed-hacker to see if it can also be techincally be proven.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
font is still an issue (hard to read, much worse than v5...why?), forcing people to use ingame playerlist is annoying (vast majority of people use external), and there are still the small bugs like windows opening on your mouse x,y, Graal not starting fully stretched out, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I wonder if any of these suggestions/complaints will actually be listened to.
you have to get everyone to constantly repeat it, stefan did fix a lot of stuff in the other thread. maybe skyld will compile a list since he has a lot of influence ^_^?

Last edited by Crono; 10-03-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
When changing theme and closing graal and re-opening, the playerlists reverts back to the default blue
Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
I have reason to believe that there is a problem with the speed system sending false-positives regarding speedhacking to RC.

I just got jailed for 30 days on Era for attempting to carry 2.9k plain donuts to be sprinkled.
Apparently, it flagged that I was trying to hack my speed and given my jail/ban record, it isn't easy to prove that I didn't do it.

Basically I just picked up a bunch of donuts, decreasing my walkspeed from about 1.08 to 0.33. I attempted to walk toward a table to "sprinkle" the donuts. Something triggered ToRC saying I was hacking my speed.
"Masa (Masa) has been caught hacking his/her speed [delta: 9.615432977]"

Should a fix be found, make it a priority to unjail me.
You are correct, this is a false-positive which has been reported to Stefan (and which he's acknowledged).

On Mac (and possibly Linux), when you resize the client it increases the FPS so the interface elements move smoothly rather than moving jaggedly since they move at a slower FPS than the OS. This causes it to catch the increased FPS and call you a speed hacker. Point the Era staff to the post below (or this one) and I'm sure they'll unban you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
When you resize the Graal window, Graal appears to run at a higher frame rate in order to create smooth resizing with GUI controls (using vertSizing and such). As a result, scheduleEvent and possibly other time commands run faster than Graal's 20 FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era
Jail System: cbk1994 has been jailed by (npcserver).
Reason: cbk1994 (cbk1994) has been caught hacking his/her speed [delta: 7.010026931]
Time: 30 day(s).
I was caught by Era's speed hacking protection, which involves the server sending a message to the client, the client waiting 10 seconds (scheduleevent), and the client then returning the message. If the time is significantly less than 10 seconds, it's considered to be a speed hacker.
Skyld can also confirm with the Era staff as he's tested it with Chris.

e: I contacted Era staff and they've unbanned you.

Last edited by MrDumbledore; 10-03-2010 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-03-2010, 05:34 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
font is still an issue (hard to read, much worse than v5...why?), forcing people to use ingame playerlist is annoying (vast majority of people use external), and there are still the small bugs like windows opening on your mouse x,y, Graal not starting fully stretched out, etc.

you have to get everyone to constantly repeat it, stefan did fix a lot of stuff in the other thread. maybe skyld will compile a list since he has a lot of influence ^_^?
ya font and windows opening on x,y is EXTREMELY annoying.

After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
wish playerlist would save size/location so I don't have to move it every time I log in.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Getting on for this.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
A few things I've noticed that happened to me:
-The key to open options no longer works, so I had go through the start button
-Can't change font
-Not a huge fan of the new playerlist

Besides those, it seems to be running smoothly.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
Wink Bug/Glitch

On Era when you use the player list and view history my character says the account name of the person in game that i'm viewing history.

If that makes any sense.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
forcing people to use ingame playerlist is annoying (vast majority of people use external)
It is 'external'. If there's functionality within the old external playerlist that the new one lacks, then that functionality should be introduced to the new external playerlist. There's no reason to keep two different kinds, especially now that the new playerlist, by default, uses external windows.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
It is 'external'. If there's functionality within the old external playerlist that the new one lacks, then that functionality should be introduced to the new external playerlist. There's no reason to keep two different kinds, especially now that the new playerlist, by default, uses external windows.
You know what I mean by "external" (i.e the old one) and there's an obvious reason why most people prefer to use it over the "internal" one. You seem to be one of the few who don't get it, which isn't a surprise really because you don't even play Graal.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well is there any other reason except the 'window opens at mouse' why you prefer the old playerlist over the new one? Both are docking, show player info when hovering over a name, support multiple selections etc.

Tags
graal v6