Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Layer Potential

Just one of the small benefits of layers, and why Stefan should try to give it just a little more support... like adding it to the editor! And adding other important things like player.layerlevel or something!
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1252690242.png
Views:	201
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	49327
Look at that! There are NO NPCs or custom tiles in there!

Actually, this doesn't show off exactly what I wanted to because Graal only supports 8bit PNGs, and my original tileset for layers used alpha blending and such for shadows(Which is why there are no shadows).

Feel free to post whatever benefits you think there are to layers. I know Zero has done some fancy stuff with them like having full backgrounds behind the level(which I have done as well, but don't have the files anymore). Pictures only better the cause!

A little more info. This level wasn't constructed easily. Even though the level itself is simply and pretty ugly. It took me about 45minutes-1hour to construct it out of 3 levels(correctly), and then copy/paste the text data of the 3 separate levels into one level. Opening this level in the editor and saving will delete all the layers. It's actually so annoying to mess with, that I can't even be bothered to fix minor tile errors and such that I missed originally.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I am tired of posting this, but yes, I would love more support for tile layers, it could revolutionize level editing if it were implemented correctly.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I am tired of posting this, but yes, I would love more support for tile layers, it could revolutionize level editing if it were implemented correctly.
There are worries for such a thing. Even implementing layers in the offline editor would mean more support in other areas. For example, predefined objects would have to be able to support the data of multiple layers as well. My house, for example, consists of tiles from two layers, therefor the predefined NPC would have to store the tiles for both of those.

My path consists of two layers as well. The dirt and grass as a layer, and the path transitions themselves as a layer above them. It'd be nice if editor scripts could somehow manipulate layers as well for things like the path editor to be compatible(which is actually just a GS1 script...).

Stefan has also posted that it'd be quite easy to have layers drawn over players and such... so ya, support for that would double the potential!

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 09-11-2009 at 09:59 PM..
Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
*dreams*
Old 09-16-2009, 04:08 AM
<3 Fry and co.
Click image for larger version

Name:	layers.png
Views:	272
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	49358
Old 09-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
How 2 obtain
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
<3 Fry and co.
Attachment 49358
Holy ****. That's awesome.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Stefan has also posted that it'd be quite easy to have layers drawn over players and such... so ya, support for that would double the potential!
10x potential!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:16 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Support, isn't it obvious why?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
This would expand variety to the max for level editors.