Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Serverlist bookmarks and memory collapses

1) Graal should remember which server categories(Gold/Classic/Hosted) have been collapsed. So if I log on, collapse the classic list because I never visit those servers, it should stay collapsed each time I log on/open the serverlist). Why? Because it will help with my next idea:

2) Bookmarking servers as favorites. This would be extremely useful for UC servers that you have to type to log into each time. Add an option to the start bar that will bookmark the server you are currently playing. This will add another list to the categories that has all the servers you've bookmarked for easy access. That is why my above suggestion is needed. The current serverlist is so bulky that chances are your bookmarked list would be beyond the screen and you'd have to scroll down to them each time. Now if I only visit the UC servers I work on, I don't want to have to scroll past all those other servers I never visit to get to them.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree with this, though bookmarks have been requested many, many times. Apparently Stefan either doesn't want to do it or hasn't heard
Old 10-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
I suggest that you should be able to pick a main server. This being said when you press the login button you will automatically be placed in this server. So therefore, if you don't want to see the news and what not it helps.Yet if you do, don't set a main server, or just press f8 when you log in. I don't know just a thought.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:20 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Call it... a homeserver!
Old 10-25-2009, 04:49 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I suggest that you should be able to pick a main server. This being said when you press the login button you will automatically be placed in this server. So therefore, if you don't want to see the news and what not it helps.Yet if you do, don't set a main server, or just press f8 when you log in. I don't know just a thought.
I highly doubt Stefan/unixmad would consider this feature.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I highly doubt Stefan/unixmad would consider this feature.
My thoughts as well. It would only further isolate players to their favorite server, never even having them see what news is happening on other servers(or the gold ones), as to get them interested in trying them out.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
My thoughts as well. It would only further isolate players to their favorite server, never even having them see what news is happening on other servers(or the gold ones), as to get them interested in trying them out.
I agree, I think it is important that players do go through some sort of login area. However, I like the idea of having bookmarks, maybe could even make a sort of "Top List;" an algorithm based on how many times you visit servers. Maybe when you visit a server it will +1 to the count for that server, then will subtract 1 from all other servers you have visited; thus creating a sort of "Top List" of servers you play the most which automatically updates based on if you stop playing one server and start playing another one.

Could even do a sort of "Recommended" section for those who like to hop around. Anyone who studies psychology in computing could reference to the phenomenon that occurs with people making choices; how all choices seem to be sort of based on each other and computers can pseudo-predict what the human is most likely feeling/interested in viewing... just a thought; could be a fun project.

One day, I have a feeling that when you open Google, it will tell you what you're about to search by predicting it, and just allow you to click on it without having to type it in. If anyone is interested in psychology and predicting the human brain with computer technology, you should look it up. It's a pretty interesting thing.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-25-2009, 05:16 AM
I was thinking top-visited, but then I realized why not just let the player's have full control over the list? For example, what if a player has worked on... we'll call it UC1, for a couple months. Bam, they quit, go working on UC2. However, because of the statistics, UC1 will still be at the top of their list for a long time because of all the time they spent on that server working. Add in a lot of servers and you could possibly not see the server you are interested at the top(and thus, not listed at all) for a while.

Not to mention gathering statistics seems like way more work.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 10-25-2009 at 05:29 AM..
Old 05-15-2010, 02:47 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
bump

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 05-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
why don't we just make a new login page and show it for CJ and see if they like it?
theres plenty of threads about it, i think.

nevertheless, i like this idea.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you