Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Hiring for Delteria
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Perhaps the wording in his original post should've been better in this regard, but we're simply looking for some reliable help from people who at least know what they're doing well enough for it to be appealing in some sense.
Yeah wouldn't have gotten such a negative reaction if it was worded better.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise View Post
I'm telling you, dude, if it was as bad as you're making it out to be no one would work for me and no one would apply. I've gotten two hires from seven applicants as of now. Survey says you're overreacting.
Your coming off as really harsh...thats why I am saying what I am. I am sure you are the nicest person in the world but your post made you seem like a tyrant and your further posts just make me think that your pompous. Your no better then me, nor am I any better then anyone else. So get off your high horse, repost the hiring thread and word it a bit differently.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Your coming off as really harsh...thats why I am saying what I am. I am sure you are the nicest person in the world but your post made you seem like a tyrant and your further posts just make me think that your pompous. Your no better then me, nor am I any better then anyone else. So get off your high horse, repost the hiring thread and word it a bit differently.
I don't really think creating a duplicate thread is necessary. The mature thing for everybody to do would be to accept that some things were mistated, as I've said previously, and that our intentions are purely to release something enjoyable for everybody to play on June 1st. As the Co-Manager, I would like to see everybody forget about petty things like this and say again, I would appreciate any help you or anybody else for that matter could provide.
Thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
MKxTortoise is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You can't call me pompous then expect me to make a new thread just to appease you. If you think I am harsh talk to some people in the "real world." It is a terrible and fairly ridiculous perspective to put it in, but come on. If you're honestly so displeased, both Cloven and I have said some things were overstated in the original post.

I don't really see the negative reaction here. I filled both of the positions I needed to. Yeah, some egos got bruised, but I don't think you were even going to apply to work for us anyway. I think you'll live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Obviously someone who makes levels can script a door, or use addtiledef/2. You make it sound like you have to be a great artist, script everything we tell you to, and still major is the thing you do best.
I think I'm pretty clear about what "competency" is in my first post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix
I was going to crack on your business skills tort but Im sure youd come back and say you've taken the some of the top business classes and know exactly what your doing.
I'm more interested as to why you'd want to "crack on my business skills" in the first place. Especially in light of the fact that this hiring thread attracted two very, very talented and intelligent developers, increased awareness about Delteria, and more or less did everything I wanted it to.

The people with hurt feelings here are the people who were too underqualified to get the job in the first place, or the people who were never planning on applying anyway. There even seems to be a bit of crossover: people who did not read my ten bullet-points about being qualified and got angry over it.

I just see my quality assurance methods as successful. They did EXACTLY what I wanted them to. I could not be happier with the two people I hired.

I'm willing to admit some things were stated wrong but to imply I've handled the entire situation badly is unfounded and I'd love to see you try to support that notion logically, if only for the novelty. Also, your insinuation that I hide behind my education implies a bit of prejudice against it, and perhaps the false belief that I think education directly correlates with skill and experience. I would question your beliefs about me before speaking further, because misinformation and misguided beliefs will not get you anywhere. Feel free to take a second shot at me, but I'd rather you did something more productive... like apply for a job at Delteria. Or not apply, at your discretion. But why come in here starting fights and criticizing aspects of my job when you have never tried to do it yourself? Doesn't that imply for certain a lack of experience on YOUR part, whereas in my case you only THINK I lack experience? In that light I find what you're saying to be extremely unfounded and even more unproductive. So before you "crack on my business skills," maybe think about why you're choosing to do it in the first place.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKxTortoise View Post
You can't call me pompous then expect me to make a new thread just to appease you. If you think I am harsh talk to some people in the "real world." It is a terrible and fairly ridiculous perspective to put it in, but come on. If you're honestly so displeased, both Cloven and I have said some things were overstated in the original post.
Why do you keep talking. Yes it does make you seem pompous..even your replies aren't neccessary...as far as I am concerned you got your people so just stop replying to people plain and simple. Talk to people IRL....lol thats all i do Tortoise. I know how harsh people can be. As far as I am concerned this thread should be closed as they hired the ppl they wanted.

I do however love the server.

Last edited by Ravenblade1979; 05-07-2007 at 09:12 PM..
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
That Sword guy...right?
Zideruic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zideruic
Quote:
Why do you keep talking. Yes it does make you seem pompous..even your replies aren't neccessary...as far as I am concerned you got your people so just stop replying to people plain and simple. Talk to people IRL....lol thats all i do Tortoise. I know how harsh people can be. As far as I am concerned this thread should be closed as they hired the ppl they wanted.

I do however love the server.
Go....away.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zideruic View Post
Go....away.
Make me

but seriously can someone close the topic..they hired who they needed.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:28 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
Well, Ravenblade, both Cloven and I have some interest in any potential talent that may happen along this thread in the near future. Until that time I'll keep answering questions or replying to insults.

I'm not going to let you insult my methods if I believe they are correct. Feel free to propose a reason as to why I am bad, but make sure it's based in reality.

Let me also say this: as far as I am concerned you are trolling my thread. You never intended to apply, like many others you are here solely to criticize my methods. That's fine if that's your style, but honestly, don't make an ass out of yourself then ask me to apologize for your irrational behavior.

Anyway, anyone else with talent, particularly in scripting, and with knowledge or experience in the other domains, feel free to contact Cloven or me.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Well, not to criticize, but you said to apply, contact you via e-mail or aim, not through this thread. So us not applying in this thread isn't really 'off-topic' as you never intended us to.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 PM
VERACITY CORRUPTION!!
Good semantic argument, I guess, if you overlook the last sentence of my first post. This thread was basically designed around questions.

It's not that much skin off my back, really. In fact, the more he trolls, the more interesting this thread gets. The more readers this thread has increases the probability of someone applying for a job. Maybe they'll even get one! Ten applicants as of now, 2 taken 8 rejected. We'll still review people who show a high level of interest.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Gotta post this one.

Ravenblade, just shut the hell up already. Both Cloven and Tort have admited that some of things Tort stated in his original post was a bit "over-zealous" for lack of a better word.

Geez, what is your issue that you continue to pursue the damn argument? Let it go. If all you do is talk to people irl then this is plain pitiful for you to continue to argue this down with Tort because there's no point to it besides increasing your own oversized ego. <- In response to him telling a mod to close this and it isn't his thread.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Delt's forums are way more hardcore than this.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:00 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Delt's forums are way more hardcore than this.
with all 10 people!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:39 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
ok
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ok.bmp (121.9 KB, 728 views)
Old 05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Yeah I will stop having my fun now. I still like the server though. Hope you do get the help you need to finish it up.
Closed Thread