Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
I see this as a problem that has been around for some time, and for the same reason, people buy their own server to work on so they can work on their own ideas, and are unwilling to be anything less than manager because as one person has told me when i asked, "I'm a control freak, and i NEED creative control." Because they want their idea at the forefront of the server and no one elses or it just will not work, and this leads to everyone doing it, less help overall and many servers never see the light of day because nobody wants to let go of their "creative control" even if it's detrimental to development of the server.

Someone may have to step in and make a solid list of servers that are being worked on, and force talent into those servers somehow by taking away the ability to create new servers, and charge people for the opportunity to work on one of the servers that are on the list, or else the time it takes to get these servers to reach as far as hosted status will cause those working on it to feel burned out and demotivated entirely, then you just wind up with constant manager changes or loss of direction from the original idea.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:55 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Things I believe:

1. People should be able to do what they want, especially be able to go off and create their own server.
2. Server failures will occur regardless, it's volunteer-ran after all.
3. Less emphasis should be placed on the server failing, and more on what was learned and (the reflection phase) release usable server assets for public usage and consumption rather than have it wither away into nothing.
4. Documentation can and should be improved.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:29 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
But whose duty is it to do this? Is it nobody's duty and something just to be worked on by developers in their spare time, or should the PWA, GDT, Stefan/Unixmad, etc. be involved?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
1. People should be able to do what they want, especially be able to go off and create their own server.
2. Server failures will occur regardless, it's volunteer-ran after all.
I partially agree with this. Here is where I disconnect: when a server fails, it is not only fatal to itself, but it also hurts other servers.

So, trying to reduce the number of failures could be helpful to the game overall, since the developers that were a part of those servers could then help out other places and perhaps increase the chances of success.

When I imagine a situation where the servers are completely free, I don't see why anyone would want to help on an existing server. You have way more creative control and less to worry about.

I think server price is a pretty good knob to have in order to control the server/developer ratio a little bit. Though, it is kind of an arbitrary metric, because why should people with money (or with rich parents) be the ones deciding more things? A better metric would be welcome. But I think there should be one.

Quote:
3. Less emphasis should be placed on the server failing, and more on what was learned and (the reflection phase) release usable server assets for public usage and consumption rather than have it wither away into nothing.
Fully agree.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i know when Sage orginal owner left aeon
PWA said that they cant just give someone owner of a UC due to money issues
like u pay for the server and u got inactive for like 6 months and u come back and ur crap got taken away for something u bought and made ??
i just know PWA will not take UC servers away from the orginal buyer of the server. i think something with stefan and unixmad and the money type thing
Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Any updates on this project?
Last I checked, MD & DV were using what was left of Maloria to turn it into a Malteria/Deltoria hybrid, combining the best of both servers. Something I wasn't slow to put an end too.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Drizzy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Last I checked, MD & DV were using what was left of Maloria to turn it into a Malteria/Deltoria hybrid, combining the best of both servers. Something I wasn't slow to put an end too.
lol'ed
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
You can throw a HUGE thanks to Sandz, it's truly him that gave you all the little details you see that are making you all fall in love. And the majority of the graphics you're looking at.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
lol hezzy is making his own iphone game and using delteria tileset and things he said Sandz donate it to him lol but its graal that owns the rights of it
meaning own iphone game off of graal that hes going to make people pay to download it
Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Cool.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
lol hezzy is making his own iphone game and using delteria tileset and things he said Sandz donate it to him lol but its graal that owns the rights of it
meaning own iphone game off of graal that hes going to make people pay to download it
We'll see how well that goes.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:42 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
As well as everwind im betting.

It's genius.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
*bump* the memoriesss
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]