Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Why has the playercount dropped so dramatically?

Why has the playercount dropped so dramatically?
Your Opinion on why the playercount had dropped by so much...
E.g. On Zone we use to have 80+ on peak times but now its hard for it to even pass 40.. which is extremely boring...

I Blame Gelats =] And the removal of lifetime classic, also the changes added to the trial system but that's just talking from a zone players point a view
From zodiac i believe a lot of players quit because of the removal of lifetime classic as well as not being able to pay them separately.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned
TheSpude_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Sadly, it's because someone is making all the wrong decisions. Who? that's for you to guess! Muahaha!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
What you mean?
About the playercount dropping last Month or years?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
At playercount on Zone, because of the many stupid changes. Also gelats.. Zone was more fun before all this ****.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Graal in general is becoming dated, and it's hard to keep up with the times when the developers of the game are focusing entirely on something else.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Graal in general is becoming dated, and it's hard to keep up with the times when the developers of the game are focusing entirely on something else.
I agree with you there, but maybe they are concentrating on something else right now, in order to bring in more money to put into Graal. I hope, anyway.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I know this is contrary to the general Graalian mindset but the fact is, Graal needs to downsize. There are too many servers in relationship to the number of developers/players.
We have too many people wanting to be boss with too few workerbees to support it. Until people realize that nothing is going to change.

The PWA has been given the insurmountable task to decide who survives and who dies. This isn't going to be popular with many of you but people have to stop trying to live in the past and start coming up with ideas that are new and fresh. They have to spend the time to make good graphics and good content rather than trying to revive something that died from lack of interest in the first place. They also need to focus on a core set of servers, each with its own individuality and work toward common goals.

Most gamers in general have ADD so you need to keep them interested and focused by providing them with enough activities to keep their attention for more than a couple hours of gameplay.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I know this is contrary to the general Graalian mindset but the fact is, Graal needs to downsize. There are too many servers in relationship to the number of developers/players.
We have too many people wanting to be boss with too few workerbees to support it. Until people realize that nothing is going to change.

The PWA has been given the insurmountable task to decide who survives and who dies. This isn't going to be popular with many of you but people have to stop trying to live in the past and start coming up with ideas that are new and fresh. They have to spend the time to make good graphics and good content rather than trying to revive something that died from lack of interest in the first place. They also need to focus on a core set of servers, each with its own individuality and work toward common goals.

Most gamers in general have ADD so you need to keep them interested and focused by providing them with enough activities to keep their attention for more than a couple hours of gameplay.
I think many people would agree with you.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I think many people would agree with you.
I'll forward our hate mail to you when people start getting turned down for hosted and servers start disappearing of tabs for development inactivity
Old 02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:

Holy crap, a clued up administrator.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Holy crap, a clued up administrator.
Someone dump a bucket of water on Rufus, I think he just fainted.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Someone dump a bucket of water on Rufus, I think he just fainted.
I'm excited. Are you talking about the servers on the Classic list?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Yup

Quote:
We have too many people wanting to be boss with too few workerbees to support it.
That's probably why alot of playerworlds dies, they only make fun of it
Quote:
Until people realize that nothing is going to change.
Agreeing here

Quote:
The PWA has been given the insurmountable task to decide who survives and who dies. This isn't going to be popular with many of you but people have to stop trying to live in the past and start coming up with ideas that are new and fresh.
Guess what Azure Skies is for.

Quote:
They have to spend the time to make good graphics and good content rather than trying to revive something that died from lack of interest in the first place.
lol Endora

Quote:
They also need to focus on a core set of servers, each with its own individuality and work toward common goals.
Of course they do need to work together, but still the problem is that most of themes been made already. Most of playerworlds are actually a copy of existing servers with a few more ideas THAT AREN'T WORTH IT.
The hell of the problem is that there is too much playerworlds, and 95% of them fail. When was the last time a server made it to classic ? A long time ago. Playerworlds is a large source of money for graal, but there's no solution.

Quote:
Yet again agreeing with you here, Bell.

*dumps bucket of water on Rufus*
Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I'm excited. Are you talking about the servers on the Classic list?
Yes, but that doesn't mean that players will see instant progress. It means that if they aren't working towards improvement on a regular basis they will be moved. Classic servers being moved will also need to be approved by Stefan whereas Hosted servers only require the PWA.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Angelu will become famous soon enough
i want a lobby where you can walk around "even trials" to chat XD
without pk or whatever so the players meet inside Graal instead of using IM or the Forum