Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Unhappy Aeon

I realize that Malinko just posted a post about this.. but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.

Upon reading Malinko's review I decided to check out Aeon. After playing around and seeing things a bit I really must say I had fun. I played the Classic/Adventure world and it was actually interesting. There are fun things to do, and it is created in much of the same spirit as the Graal I first played sooo long ago. It was really kinda interesting playing, and it made me happy to see people with the right idea. Yeah, its a classic style world and it doesnt exactly 'push' the limits of the graal engine like most people would seek to do now... but its also fun as hell without the annoyingness of many many of these playerworlds out now, and even the classic worlds.

I totally support making this a Classic playerworld.. there are a lot of playerworlds that could get knocked to Hosted to shape up (SL, Delteria) It would be easier for playerworlds like this to get off the ground if they could get the classic/trial players. Players that log onto the game for the first time and see this classic server list and dont really know which to pick. Most of them probably just pick UN (sadly enough) because it has the most players and then dont even worry about the rest because they've already made the choice to lower their IQ 30 points and stay on UN (sorry.. i wont flame anymor and get back to the seriousness) It would be great if there was a way to promote the newer worlds.. because in a new players eyes they will not see anything but numbers. Maybe not sort the server list by players? I think it really defeats the purpose of these playerworlds, when great playerworlds (at least much better than UN or N-Pulse get left pretty much stranded because they cant get the kinda player base they need.. and from the point of view of someone who is making a playerworld.. i would like things to be better when I release mine.

so theres my 2 cents..
Old 01-17-2006, 06:23 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcaptain
I realize that Malinko just posted a post about this.. but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.

Upon reading Malinko's review I decided to check out Aeon. After playing around and seeing things a bit I really must say I had fun. I played the Classic/Adventure world and it was actually interesting. There are fun things to do, and it is created in much of the same spirit as the Graal I first played sooo long ago. It was really kinda interesting playing, and it made me happy to see people with the right idea. Yeah, its a classic style world and it doesnt exactly 'push' the limits of the graal engine like most people would seek to do now... but its also fun as hell without the annoyingness of many many of these playerworlds out now, and even the classic worlds.

I totally support making this a Classic playerworld.. there are a lot of playerworlds that could get knocked to Hosted to shape up (SL, Delteria) It would be easier for playerworlds like this to get off the ground if they could get the classic/trial players. Players that log onto the game for the first time and see this classic server list and dont really know which to pick. Most of them probably just pick UN (sadly enough) because it has the most players and then dont even worry about the rest because they've already made the choice to lower their IQ 30 points and stay on UN (sorry.. i wont flame anymor and get back to the seriousness) It would be great if there was a way to promote the newer worlds.. because in a new players eyes they will not see anything but numbers. Maybe not sort the server list by players? I think it really defeats the purpose of these playerworlds, when great playerworlds (at least much better than UN or N-Pulse get left pretty much stranded because they cant get the kinda player base they need.. and from the point of view of someone who is making a playerworld.. i would like things to be better when I release mine.

so theres my 2 cents..
Delteria to hosted? Err, no please.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I personally think that hosted servers should have full features to trials. But then, I'm insane. There are alot of things it would solve though.

1) UN wouldn't get free players. I'm not saying that UN doesn't earn its players, but if it does, then this won't effect them.

2) The higher quality servers will be the ones one must pay for.

3) The hosted tab would have more people and the staff there might not get sick of working for lack of players.

4) The hosted tab could develop toward larger playercounts and not have to make quests designed around few people.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 AM
The Shaded Leg
James205 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to James205 Send a message via AIM to James205
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
I personally think that hosted servers should have full features to trials. But then, I'm insane. There are alot of things it would solve though.

1) UN wouldn't get free players. I'm not saying that UN doesn't earn its players, but if it does, then this won't effect them.

2) The higher quality servers will be the ones one must pay for.

3) The hosted tab would have more people and the staff there might not get sick of working for lack of players.

4) The hosted tab could develop toward larger playercounts and not have to make quests designed around few people.
I actually agree.

It would also make buying a playerworld more worth the money
Old 01-17-2006, 03:21 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the post on Aeon its nice to hear good words. We've been lacking in motivation lately.

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Hosted would still have to be paid for by the owners, but it would allow more access to players and it would give staff and such more motivation. Or at least make it an option for hosted servers so not all have to do it.

-[email protected]
Old 01-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Thanks, Warcaptain. It's nice to have players check out what's going on in the GraalOnline community, especially promoting new playerworlds.

In addition, I will explain the reason I am doing this. The Hosted tab playerworlds have been quite inactive lately. Maybe not staff, but the amount of development that has been released. To me, that is such a disappointment, because there are a lot of fun playerworlds out there. Maybe not as "nice" as players aim for today, but that isn't the point of a playerworld, the gameplay is the most important feature. I didn't provide a lot of information in the reviews I posted because I didn't want to, I wanted players to go out there and support the playerworld by just trying it out. Which Warcaptain did and was quite pleased. I'll start writing reviews for Atrius and Zenkou soon, along with some underconstruction playerworlds. I plan for this forum to have a lot of reviews.

Anyways, Sage, please do not lose motivation, that is not good. I mean, look how happy the Aeon staff were when they read the review, most were pleased completely. That will boast some motivation I hope and I will see Aeon apply for the Classic tab soon.

What I am getting at is that there barely any requirements to be on the Hosted tab. Just develop "enough" content that will let players have a great gameplay. That's all you need to accomplish on a playerworld and you'll be successful. Don't be big and fancy, just keep it fun.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:23 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_scooby
We've been lacking in motivation lately.
I've been lacking in time lately .
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
School really sucks up the time, more motivation wouldn't hurt either.

I think it would be a good idea for trial players to be able to get on hosted servers during the weekend just like how VIPs can get on GK during the weekend.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness
School really sucks up the time, more motivation wouldn't hurt either.

I think it would be a good idea for trial players to be able to get on hosted servers during the weekend just like how VIPs can get on GK during the weekend.

I honestly feel that hosted PW's more have the right to allow trial players to play like they do on classic, than classic PW's do..

hosted playerworlds already are making Graal money because they pay for hosting.. so if there were a lot of trial players checking out graal through the hosted PW's then they would have to at least get a classic account in order to really enjoy graal.. and get a Gold account to REALLY REALLY enjoy graal (or in the eyes of a new player, it would)

trial players should be only allowed to play hosted pw's.. because thats the pw that graal is making money off of already so it doesnt matter.. then they can pay to play classic.. which would mean graal wouldnt lose money from classic pw's that get lots of trials.. and then they would have to get a gold account to play the gold pw's... it just makes more sense.. and it would boost Hosted playerworlds popularity.. especially if that was the only choice for new players who want to see what its like. it would also make people pay more attention to the hosted worlds.. because they are the first thing new players would see.. not the crap like UN.. (sorry, bias opinion again)
Old 01-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
There is nothing wrong with UN. It is good at what it does, and people play Graal to actually have other people around them. It's not UN's fault that it's the only server that keeps a high enough playercount to have people play just for that.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Well, to be honest, most players see Unholy Nation with the highest playercount and want to play there. Then after making friends, you don't leave.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
Never thought of that, I like the idea!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
Yeah, there should be some bigger incentive to being on the hosted tab.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 PM
"seized by somnolence"
sage_scooby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
Yeah, there should be some bigger incentive to being on the hosted tab.
I agree, so far all you get is your name broadcast on the login. Which can be just as bad as it is good.

-[email protected]
Old 01-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
I agree, I think it would be good for business.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST