Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 12:55 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
> Access is denied

Right-Click Gonstruct -> Run as Administrator
Old 09-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
> Access is denied

Right-Click Gonstruct -> Run as Administrator
Thanks for the quick reply, I had initially tried that, but did not take note of the error.

Now it is: Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Access is denied: "CDocuments and Settings"

Heh....weird.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You could try turning off UAC.

However I just installed using: http://londeroth.org/~fry/gonstruct/...etup-0.2.3.exe

To the default directory under Program Files, specified my Graal folder (CGraal) and it worked fine under Windows 8 which by extension means it should be fine for Windows 7 as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You could try turning off UAC.

However I just installed using: http://londeroth.org/~fry/gonstruct/...etup-0.2.3.exe

To the default directory under Program Files, specified my Graal folder (CGraal) and it worked fine under Windows 8 which by extension means it should be fine for Windows 7 as well.
after uninstalling, and re-installing, I get no option to re-select my graal folder.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Elite Member
Got this to work, however, not how I'd like to...

I created a New user (administrator), and downloaded the client, level editor, and gonstruct onto that user.

I installed Gonstruct like normal, and upon initial load a Menu popped up. I chose the graal directory, and now I am able to use Gonstruct, under that specific user only though....

If I can figure out a way to completely remove all gonstruct related files, and install it to where it gave me that menu again, I could use it on my main user account for this PC...

Any suggestions?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:51 PM
team canada
Do you have spaces or symbols in your user name?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Elite Member
Yes, actually, I use a -

Bradley-Main
Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Gonstruct isn't really worth all that effort. We haven't worked on it in a long while. :(

There should be a gonstruct folder under %LOCALAPPDATA%\gonstruct\ that you can delete. (So something like C:\documents and settings\your user name\local settings\application data\gonstruct\, or maybe C:\users\your user name\appdata\local\gonstruct depending on windows version.)

Also you shouldn't need to use an administrator account at all as long as the user that's running gonstruct can also read the graal folder you put in and all its subfolders. It's kind of embarassing that that end of it keeps exploding.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Gonstruct isn't really worth all that effort. We haven't worked on it in a long while.
Online editors are progressing along nicely at this point too, though, so it's not a total loss.

You have released the source for Gonstruct, though, right? (I've always used the compiled program.)
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Online editors are progressing along nicely at this point too, though, so it's not a total loss.

You have released the source for Gonstruct, though, right? (I've always used the compiled program.)
Yeah, it's been open source all along. See https://github.com/fry/graal-gonstruct

It's kinda annoying to build though, probably mostly because of the dumb svg icons.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:31 AM
lTBSl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lTBSl Send a message via MSN to lTBSl
For me GConstruct is very confusing to install and never works..So I normally just say F this and use the online editor or use my Toshiba, which I don't like because its not as fast and smooth as my Mac....When will a editor be released for mac thats not GCOnstruct?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lTBSl View Post
For me GConstruct is very confusing to install and never works..So I normally just say F this and use the online editor or use my Toshiba, which I don't like because its not as fast and smooth as my Mac....When will a editor be released for mac thats not GCOnstruct?
to answer your question simply, no.

100% of the levels I make now are with gonstruct.

I only ever touch up existing work with an online level editor, but that is rarely.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Somewhat rusty
hay guys important news: gonstruct has custom toolbar icons now (if you compile from github) :v

The icons enlarged:

The toolbar:

I guess they look pretty **** but that's what you get when you spend 6+ years not contributing better icons and leave it up to me.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Is work on gonstruct still being done?? Has anyone managed to get it to compile on mac yet? 10.9.5 or 10.10 preferably. I might have to see what errors I get on my mac when I get home and try it again now that I'm more familiar with mac.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Is work on gonstruct still being done?? Has anyone managed to get it to compile on mac yet? 10.9.5 or 10.10 preferably. I might have to see what errors I get on my mac when I get home and try it again now that I'm more familiar with mac.
It's not really being worked on, sorry. I just felt bad about those icons.

Someone emailed me the day before yesterday about some error they were getting trying to build it on OS X, which reminded me gonstruct exists. I still don't have an OS X computer so I can't help with that, but apparently they were using some writeup for macports at http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23585 to try to get it working. Sounds super annoying though.

I'm vaguely interested in getting rid of the ruby dependency, but it's probably not the biggest problem with compatibility and everybody should have as many scripting languages installed as possible , so I'm not in a rush there either. The only thing I could think of to make it work better on OS X would be completely rewriting the GUI to use Qt, and I'm enthusiastic about neither completely rewriting the GUI nor learning Qt, and it would probably still be a pain to compile things by hand on OS X for people who aren't used to that.

I think Fry is completely occupied with other things.