Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.56 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Completely agree. It looks so much nicer then Mavericks. I wonder tho.. If they will let FP4 work on the external RC is unixmad willing to let people update the level editor maybe ... mac support maybe?
If only there was a free-software level editor that people could update for better mac support!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
If only there was a free-software level editor that people could update for better mac support!
If gonstruct had all the libraries provided and didn't require you to download install and setup to compile I'd opt to update that. But the problem is which version of libraries and such
Old 10-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Inari is on a distinguished road
I guess i'd just use Tiled and write a converter tool to NW
Old 10-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
did you notice that this thread has the tags "worst thing ever"?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
I guess the best plan would be to make a level editor in javascript to avoid the whole "installing software" problem. As a bonus it would potentially not look like **** on OS X. I can't really bring myself to be excited about the prospect, chances are there's like five people left in total who still Edit Levels and two of them probably hate me and the other three use iphones.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I prefer to use the offline level editor to the online versions, much better control over levels(tiles) single/gmap atleast

I heard there was some layers-workaround in gonstruct but I think I never really got into the program

Old 10-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I guess the best plan would be to make a level editor in javascript to avoid the whole "installing software" problem. As a bonus it would potentially not look like **** on OS X. I can't really bring myself to be excited about the prospect, chances are there's like five people left in total who still Edit Levels and two of them probably hate me and the other three use iphones.
Actually I would agree that a web language would probably be the way to go. I was thinking of using HTML5 and making a gmap based level editor. Imagine the power you could have if you could edit a level, or a gmap and zoom out to see the whole project. Edit it all as if it's 1 level. You could then include tools like dusty's tree generator. And maybe we could collaborate with other developers to add other cool tools like cliff generators and such.It could help make levels a lot faster. And by using web-based tools you could also have multiple users editing it live. You could lock rights to certain levels for certain people. I was thinking of starting a project like this almost half a year to a year ago but just wasn't sure on the idea yet. I was working on understanding the graal and zelda level formats before I actually did anything which now I know more about.

If anyone is interested in a project like that maybe I can start something and allow people to give feedback and help with it maybe?
Old 10-20-2014, 02:54 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys, nice little bug with the clientside RC. It's super easy to do, just enable word wrap while editing serveroptions, hit apply and presto! You broke your server.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Hey guys, nice little bug with the clientside RC. It's super easy to do, just enable word wrap while editing serveroptions, hit apply and presto! You broke your server.
ouch
Old 10-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
dat future external rc update
pls hype

sneak preview

needs more icons for like calculators and minesweeper... block.png pref
Old 10-20-2014, 02:04 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I'd like to see the following integrated into the external RC:

http://www.graal.us/tools/generatelevels.html
http://fp4.ca/gs2beautifier/
http://wiki.graalonline.com/index.ph...Starting_Guide
http://wiki.graalonline.com/index.ph...ent/GuiControl
NW2PNG
GraalEditors

Edit: Anyway to make tabs flicker as content is added to them?

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 10-20-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Remote Control requires someone to be staff on a Server though

NW2PNG or GraalEditors should remain standalone for offlineuse aswell

Old 10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
AuToCoMpLeTe AnD CoOl FoNt StuFs

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...19&postcount=3

srsly tho, auto complete would be nice
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
isnt there like a command on RC which works like
Quote:
/style scriptType scriptName
? Even tho it's not the nicest one and needs some configuration through serveroptions, the tool already exists
Old 10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
NW2PNG or GraalEditors should remain standalone for offlineuse aswell
I'm not so sure, if tools are easier to use then they'll likely be used. It would be super easy if all I had to do on RC was type era_present.gmap into a box, hit apply and wait for it to generate a whole new map image and have it already uploaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
isnt there like a command on RC which works like ? Even tho it's not the nicest one and needs some configuration through serveroptions, the tool already exists
I'd prefer a button within the scripts window, that command isn't exactly user friendly nor does it do as well of a job as Fp4s web version. There's no reason not to include this functionality.

Tags
worst thing ever