Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
My guess would be to modify ports/games/gonstruct/Portfile in OP's attachment.
But what am I changing, I'm confused a little lol.

I opened the "/Users/Scriptless/Ports/portfile" and changed the url to Fry's. Still get an error tho.

PHP Code:
Last loginSun Mar  3 13:28:37 on console
Matthews
-Mac-mini:~ scriptlesssudo port install gonstruct
Password
:
Portfile changed since last builddiscarding previous state.
--->  
Computing dependencies for gonstruct
--->  Fetching archive for gonstruct
--->  Attempting to fetch gonstruct-0.2.2_0.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/gonstruct
--->  Attempting to fetch gonstruct-0.2.2_0.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/gonstruct
--->  Attempting to fetch gonstruct-0.2.2_0.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/gonstruct
--->  Fetching distfiles for gonstruct
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gonstruct
--->  Extracting gonstruct
--->  Configuring gonstruct
--->  Building gonstruct
Error
org.macports.build for port gonstruct returnedcommand execution failed
Please see the log file 
for port gonstruct for details:
    /
opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/main.log
To report a bug
follow the instructions in the guide:

http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
ErrorProcessing of port gonstruct failed
Matthews
-Mac-mini:~ scriptless
Attached Files
File Type: log main.log (120.5 KB, 204 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Looks like it's checking out the sources fine, but then failing to build.

Quote:
:info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2/src/level_editor/filesystem.cpp:35:14: error: no viable overloaded operator[] for type 'cache_type' (aka 'map<std::string, boost::filesystem::path>')
:info:build m_cache[path.leaf()] = path;
:info:build ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~
:info:build /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/bits/stl_map.h:342:7: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'boost::filesystem::path' to 'const key_type' (aka 'const std::basic_string<char>') for 1st argument
:info:build operator[](const key_type& __k)
:info:build ^
:info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2/src/level_editor/filesystem.cpp:93:14: error: no viable overloaded operator[] for type 'cache_type' (aka 'map<std::string, boost::filesystem::path>')
:info:build m_cache[file.leaf()] = graal_dir / file;
:info:build ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~
:info:build /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/bits/stl_map.h:342:7: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'boost::filesystem::path' to 'const key_type' (aka 'const std::basic_string<char>') for 1st argument
:info:build operator[](const key_type& __k)
:info:build ^
:info:build 2 errors generated.
:info:build make[2]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/filesystem.cpp.o] Error 1
:info:build make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
:info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2'
:info:build make[1]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/all] Error 2
:info:build make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2'
:info:build make: *** [all] Error 2
:info:build make: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2'
:info:build Command failed: cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/work/gonstruct-0.2.2" && /usr/bin/make -j4 -w all
:info:build Exit code: 2
:error:build org.macports.build for port gonstruct returned: command execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 1800 2
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
while executing
"system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
invoked from within
"command_exec build"
(procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: targets not executed for gonstruct: org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:build Please see the log file for port gonstruct for details:
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_scriptless_ports_games_gonstruct/gonstruct/main.log
Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Looks like it's checking out the sources fine, but then failing to build.
Yeah, but what would cause that? I feel like I am so close, yet so far.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 AM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
It's something to do with your boost. Try reinstalling boost to fix?

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan View Post
It's something to do with your boost. Try reinstalling boost to fix?
didn't help
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Try replacing .leaf() with .filename().string() but no guarantees.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Actually that's what it says since 2011. Do we need to post tarballs, how does this work
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Somewhat rusty
Ah, the portfile is anchoring the build to a specific commit id (20d3b7c2196f0c7c6832983d5be3a901ed810933) which is from 2010. I dunno what the plan here is for macports, you can put in c3721651b52a64a9b8a4797c3f8deb7978394d73 for something more recent, but I guess you'd want to change the "0.2.2" in the version field to some random higher number.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Ah, the portfile is anchoring the build to a specific commit id (20d3b7c2196f0c7c6832983d5be3a901ed810933) which is from 2010. I dunno what the plan here is for macports, you can put in c3721651b52a64a9b8a4797c3f8deb7978394d73 for something more recent, but I guess you'd want to change the "0.2.2" in the version field to some random higher number.
Really no reason to tripple post :o... however I don't care if it's mac ports at all.. I just need gonstruct, to work, on mac os x mountain lion.. =/ how it gets to a working condition is all irrelevant =/

Sadly im not an expert with mac's so some of what you said went over my head. But what I did undersand I still cannot do because im not sure how. A friend of mine said uninstall macports, its pure crap and will interfere hugely with other things he wanted me to try.. but he never finished helping me try and get it working. And then I was left with macports completely uninstalled. *sigh* I cant get bootcamp to work with USB or SD cards.. and my mac mini (2012) does not have a built in cd drive.. and the usb cd drive from 1995 I have doesnt even get recognised.. I tried virtual box.. cant even get windows to load, windows 7 failed to install.. and windows 8 just freezes at the loading screen (after install).. so im like literally level editor less.. and to make things worse, I cant make any images because gimp is just way to complex for my needs, I use mspaint, and mspaint only.. its quick, simple, sweet, and to the point. so making a map for someone to gen on the levelgen is just not an option.. and then even further more.. u cant even bribe people to load the image into it and generate the levels.. the level of laziness from everyone baffles me =/ because there is no official editor.. i cant make levels.. which is ashame.. like beat my skull against a wall till the wall or my head breaks mind numbing stupid =/ I NEED a level editor and right now anyone that can make it happen I will do ANYTHING for. im like a dog that your dangling a cheese burger in front of and someone is gonna get there hand bit off lol.. well not really but you get the point.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 PM
figured will become famous soon enough
good luck man, i had the same problem. ended up just buying a $200 craptop. maybe stefan will release a new level editor with the GS3 updates?