Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 10:08 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
New Server Options Features

***global msg [email protected] iPhone: Hello! Quite a few new serveroption flags have been added recently. In order to promote familiarizing yourself with them (especially classic servers), you may want to refer here: http://www.graal.net/index.php?title...Player_Syncing

Some good ones if you didn't already know!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
So the sync one does what? Let you change the distance cutoff of player data being sent to other players? 192 = 3 levels so I assume so... I imagine increasing this too high will create a lot more bandwidth?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe this (sync vars) is only useful for iPhone Servers, so iPhone clients don't waste CPU processing off-screen players.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I believe this is only useful for iPhone Servers, so iPhone clients don't waste CPU processing off-screen players.
I imagine so... it would be useful for my multilayered house except it'd have to apply to the whole server, instead of specifically
Old 09-02-2010, 10:45 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I imagine so... it would be useful for my multilayered house except it'd have to apply to the whole server, instead of specifically
It is applied to the whole server.

Quote:
So the sync one does what? Let you change the distance cutoff of player data being sent to other players?
Yes.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
The sync distance is indeed useful on iPhone because the client is not aware of any players outside of the sync distance, therefore there is less network processing to do. Beforehand it was using a huge amount of CPU time on iPhone just to process all the packets coming in. Typically on iPhone we are using a sync distance near to that of the visible on-screen area so that you only get updates for players that you can see.

The sync distance always applies on GMAPs, and as the list shows, it is optional for inside levels. I think you need to restart the gserver for this option to take correct effect without causing issues.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Gah still no feature so when changing pot tile it doesn't drop the default health? >:[
Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Gah still no feature so when changing pot tile it doesn't drop the default health? >:[
That's hardcoded I believe.

The syncing stuff seems very nice. I'll have to try that
Old 09-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
The server options only specify the defaut value for players. A client can change the distance by calling following function:
Graal Script Code:
sendtext("syncoptions","distance", {horizontalvertical}); 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
The only way to do that right now is to add itemdropevents=true in the server options, then the Control-NPC gets an event onItemDrop(level,x,y,itemname) each time an item is dropped. This is however disabling all classic items.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 PM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
The only way to do that right now is to add itemdropevents=true in the server options, then the Control-NPC gets an event onItemDrop(level,x,y,itemname) each time an item is dropped. This is however disabling all classic items.
Finally a way! Oh I could kiss you right now!

Last edited by MrOmega; 09-05-2010 at 01:35 AM..
Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 PM
One More Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
I'm still confused how to disable all classic items. My NPC server gets the event when an item is dropped, the actual item doesn't show but I still hear a drop sound and the gralat noise sometimes. I've tried the old fashion take/take2/removeitem etc, nothing works. How can I get it so it doesn't make those sounds...

Basically how do I access the object in param[ 3] so I can completely destroy it.

EDIT: I'm working with the default pot;
Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 AM
One More Time
Bump