View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Damn, it's been that long already? That's incredibly annoying and sad that it hasn't even attempted to be fixed.
It was actually posted that the problem has been looked into and forwarded to unixmad. Can't remember the guy who posted it tho. I wan't to saw it was Rob? Anyways your essentially looking for a needle in a hay stack. You have outside developers who don't see or work with graal's code on a regular basis trying to help track down the root cause and then fix it. It's very difficult. They did however mention it seemed to be happening when you entered levels. Which means it could be countless reasons what is causing it. Is it loading the tiles, the npc's, images, players, links, signs etc... The only real way to find the problem is to have a debugger attached at the time of the crash. Now it gets kinda funny because I've actually ran quite a few tests on my own game code I've been working on the last year or so. Heres the thing, when compile+run from my IDE the error, I myself was having, was not replicating things worked perfect. When I clicked my app icon tho to open it outside my IDE occasionally touching things crashed my game. My problem and graal's problem are not the same but you can see how in come cases it can just be plain brutal to track down bugs.