View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You know that all those shields are lagging the players and by making it free we would get even more of them?
Usually, when one goes into the online gaming business, they have servers that can appropriately serve that purpose.

Quote:
It costs money to serve the files, and it costs work to check and approve them, that's why it needs to cost something. We also made it relatively cheap, and most players seem to like the system (costs some money but you get it relatively quickly online).
It does cost money to host files on a server, but definitely not 1$ per image file.
And 'relatively cheap' as compared to what? The actual price of the game?
If thats your measure, then yes. Uploading shields is cheaper than buying the game itself. (Not by much, mind you)
And I dont know where you get your information that players like the system. I read through countless complaints on facebook.

Quote:
You don't always need to cry OH NO NOW I MUST GO AND CUT SOME BUSHES TO GET MY BEAUTIFUL SHIELD ONLINE
Your right, you don't have to. But how else do you get money....oh right, theres that convenient little purchase button that puts money into your account. Brilliant alternative.

Quote:
Prices can always be changed although like I said there is more about it than just 2k hard drive space or so.
Prices do need to be adjusted.
Thor had the best idea, making an upload pack for players to purchase...then you get money for server space, and people dont pay an arm and a leg to upload shields.