Thread: Beta Testers
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
First, let's start out with I like the Beta Testers idea, I have not seen any other servers that I have not played on, or are classic do this, and I've seen many things released to the public go wrong.

I think the idea is great, and I think it is absolutely good to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-Stravier View Post
Who cares if multiple servers have a similar card game?
Quote:
that shouldn't necessarily forbid other servers from having it, should it? At least, I don't think so.
I honestly agree, just because one had the idea functional first does not mean others shouldn't do it. So one server might have a fishing system... does that mean there should not be fish in any other servers?

I can understand if one server has almost everything exactly the same as another server, but something that is semi the same shouldn't be a problem.

This is coming from someone on the outside, unbiased, since I can understand why Thor might not want others to have a system like his, and Alex might feel they have worked on it so long they would want to release it regardless. I think both servers should be able to have it, it isn't the main content of the servers... I hope?

Quote:
Sharing ideas between servers is a good idea. I hate how separated every server is from each other; why do we do that?
I agree to this to, when needed, I'll be asking to use other servers staff members skills, and not actually hiring them should they agree.

Since a lot of staff members might enjoy being staff on other servers, server managers only need the content they can provide, and when some staff members join other servers they are sometimes reluctant to actually do anything.

Since I will be giving credit where credit is due, and I don't want to go through the hiring process, constantly asking staff on many servers if they are busy or have free time, I can just ask if they could do one or two things every once in a while. I have not tried this yet, but when needed it will come to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Staff are the WORST beta testers there are. (Alpha btw for those actually giving a damn to take any notice of, is a different story for obvious reasons)
Do not think that is a smart move by any means.
Once again I agree, possibly not for the same reasons. Although sometimes the same with players...

1. Players and lower staff members may kiss up and not give the feedback needed... (Oh wow, this is so cool.) They may not be testing for problems or errors...
2. Staff members from other servers may either totally put down the work, or not judge it by the errors you are looking for, for instance playability and bugs that go wrong. Since staff members from other servers are usually part of some sort of development, that is most likely the only thing they will look for which might not be worried about at that time. But it depends who you pick too.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz