View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 03:57 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatred89 View Post
Well if this is something that you plan to go the mile you will have to find some type of solution to that. Some people upgrade their iPhones or iTouches each year or two years and since GK will be a mmorpg for the iphone then people will complain about all their hard work lost.
Also will gk iphone be open to the pc graal community who has gold? I mean thats one way of drawing in players from the phone servers to the pc server and bringing in more money.
Well, if we did not do account creation, players could still request that their old device be swapped with their new device. That is currently how they do it on Classic iPhone and Era iPhone.

My only concern is how much time it will take from staff members. I'm not sure if it will take more time from staff members to restore accounts, etc or to transfer old devices to new devices. We are trying minimalize the amount of time staff members must spend helping players. This will guarantee that players will be happier if they need less help from staff members to do things, and it will make staff members happier too.

Right now I can confirm that we will not be merging PC and iPhone Graal Kingdoms as of now in our plans, however, if we find a way to make this possible - we will definitely. I would say there is a 50% chance that we will implement that capability sometime after release. The reason we are on the fence is because we are still unsure if we are going to have player killing or not (except for events and spars). Player killing could offer an unfair advantage to those playing on the PC.

On top of all of that, iPhone revolves around micro-transactions and executes it fairly smoothly. Graal for the PC does not execute micro-transactions smoothly, and we will not be introducing PC access to Kingdoms iPhone until Graal's payment system is revised to better suit our goals. We are doing this to keep players happy as much as we are doing it to get the most out of our creation.

Edit: I should mention, however, that this doesn't mean that Graal Kingdoms will be left out. I have a huge plan for Graal Kingdoms involving this content. We'll see what happens.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 01-04-2011 at 04:09 AM..