View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 06:41 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I thought I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't insinuating this.

This probably isn't the place to make such a discussion as the thread would most likely end up locked, but I could provide you a long list of things that Carlito should have been doing, as well as should not have been doing for that matter.

How many more years do I have to hear that he's either very busy or is focused on priorities before he actually makes good on one of his words? It's almost as if making a promise every once in a while has become a running joke just for the sake of seeing who bites.

If you can guarantee me that an effort will eventually be made to rectify such issues then I would happily go through the effort of compiling a list. I as well as others have already gone through the effort of raising such issues within forum threads/posts and the vast majority of these have not even been acknowledged, even ones that given the access I could fix myself within 5 minutes.

If that's your opinion then fair enough. We've had this discussion before and I don't have anything else at this time to add to my suggestion that when it comes to Graal, being a development platform is synonymous with being a game.

It's got nothing going for it if you ask me either, and it hasn't for a very long time despite many promises and glimpses of hope. But then when was the last time Graal's administration actually made an effort with PC Graal or gave re-assurances over its future?

Unless there is a shake up then developing here is a fools errand. This is especially true in my case as numerous players have made statements on the lines of Classic having raised the bar in terms of gameplay quality, and yet we've constantly had to deal with being stifled by management, as well as primary-school level excuses for not allowing it to reach a wider audience.

The great thing about Minecraft compared to Graal is that it's a hell of a lot easier to get other people to play your world, which I believe for most developers is the most enticing form of motivation. The provision of iPhone server project go-aheads is something which has only been granted to a privileged minority, in no way is mobile Graal an accurate bench-mark as to what can be accomplished by developing a new server.

Thank you, if I think of something I may take you up on that offer. But the reason I made this thread is because PC Graal, whether you see it as a game/development platform/both is in desperate need of a higher-up to take a pro-active approach to fixing it.
I will pick up with you privately regarding Carlito.

You do understand that Unixmad doesn't just manage Graal, he has processes in place to run the Graal community. I have access to change a lot of the server code- so if there is something I can do please let me know. I would appreciate a list to work through- the stuff I can't do I can forward to the relevant department to investigate.

My opinions on the PC environment doesn't mean I'll turn my back on it. I just don't understand why you would aspire to create a playerworld on a dead end platform- I don't think any server will entice old players back; hence me being pro iOS. Just look at the volume of players at a prime EU time- please see attached.

I appreciate you've done a lot for Classic and yes, you've made great content. Good job. The facts are-
  • it's already got it's own server on iOS that follows the same map
  • the game play is exactly the same
I can relate to Graal on not publishing another game the exact same except with quests and content upgrades.

Side Note - whoever left this rep made me laugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	serverlist.PNG
Views:	236
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	55964