View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Sorry if I've offended you.
Over the past few years I have seen the PC Client as a Development / Staff platform- I guess that's because I'm only focused on the iOS platform. I just don't see the value of developing the PC client- hence why I suggested moving servers to the iOS platform.
I guess my question at this point becomes why would supporting PC Graal as a game be undesirable? You can't just say "Why would management want to support a dead game?" because they are the ones who have effortlessly allowed it to become a dead game.

Facebook / Web is a resource that already exists and doesn't require an unrealistic amount of effort to port PC servers to. As has been proven with Delteria and the original Classic Facebook server it provides a level of exposure to the game far higher than what can currently be achieved with the client. Would it not be interesting to see how much better the client would work as a development platform if and when it is also thriving as a game?

Would it also not be interesting to see how much better PC Graal could work as a development platform if some of the suggestions regarding the website were put in to action? I could go on further with these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I just asked a few of the iEra staff why they don't play PC-
  • Lack of players
  • Boring (possibly due to lack of players)

A few said they would play PC if-
  • it had a server with over 100++ quests to complete, monsters to fight & places to explore.
  • a server dedicated to single player experience

A couple that do play said they play because-
  • their friends play
  • more mature players
These are all valid points, but the questions being asked as of late are not "why don't more people play this dying game?", they are "what are Graal management going to do to stop this game becoming extinct?" or "Are Graal management just waiting to pick off PC servers one at a time until the game becomes extinct?".

At this point they really have nothing to lose in giving control of PC Graal & access to make changes to someone who is passionate about it, but they have plenty to gain from it.

Last edited by ffcmike; 08-07-2016 at 08:30 AM..