View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Gonstruct Feedback

Hey,
so recently we recreated the level rendering in Gonstruct in the hopes of increasing performance and scalability for new features, and I was kind of hoping to get some feedback and testing done in on the current version.
New features are listed in the change log, but generally there's a bunch of layer editing fixes, shading of unselected layers and of course the new level rendering.

Here's a Windows installer which should work.
There's also a Linux binary, but you will most likely have to instruct your packet manager to install "gtksourceviewmm" and "gtkglextmm".

I'm especially interested in any crashes and how to reproduce them, if you find them and any other oddness with the level drawing.
Also, the layer editing controls are obviously pretty terrible right now, so I'm open for suggestions on how to improve them, I've got hotkeys for changing the layer and reordering functionality in mind, but there's probably more.

Also check out the GitHub page if you want, it provides a pretty good platform for bug reports/feature requests, and Dusty has already posted a few suggestions there (ages ago, though).

Bugs we're aware of right now are:
- Flickering when resizing, scrolling or selecting a level
- Screenshot level doesn't work
- Takes all the available CPU time (it's not greedy though and shouldn't slow down other applications)

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):