Thread: Updates
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I've considered this and I've come to the conclusion that it is a very, very bad idea. Truth be told, I don't like hiring staff so at first this appeared to be a very glamorous idea. However, there is a fine distinction between who are capable of helping others and who are capable of enforcing the rules.

You'll find there are two types of people. There are those who love to help others, but would find it difficult enforce the rules on people they like. Then there are those who can seem cold and distant, yet think objectively and fairly.

If you can see this type of divide, you can see how difficult it would actually be in combining those two roles.
I would agree with that. My definition of it is that the role of an FAQ is to help and support the community, and essentially be liked by the players. If an FAQ is also jailing/banning they may become disliked by certain players in the community making it hard to be an FAQ.