View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 07:06 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to critique the entire video, even though you say it is a work in progress:
  • First off, I love the start screen, great job. All it needs is a little music, and better sound effects (for scrolling, selecting, and backing out).
  • It bothers me that you have so many warnings about starting a new game if you already have a character in progress. Maybe you should integrate the warning about erasing an existing character with the "are you sure you want to start a new character" screen.
  • You should probably make the name selecting screen more keyboard like (it would go with your keyboard only theme). If you're not into that, then maybe you should make a CAPs toggle option.
  • As mentioned above, sliders for head and body selection isn't recommended. It does make sense to use it for the RBG selection though, keep that. I don't like the use of arrows to browse through options that someone suggested though. Maybe instead you could have seperate options like HEAD, BODY, HAIR, etc and when you press enter on one it'll bring you to a preview screen where you can see examples of the option you selected.