View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDigzy View Post
Well I haven't posted a question on here in a bit, but I ran into another problem. I want to make a script that sets the players tag. I'm not sure if this script is correct in any way/or if I over thought it. Can someone tell me whats wrong :o?
Graal Script Code:
function onActionSeverside(tags){
if (
tokens[0] == "/tag"){
player.guild "Elepahnt";
}
}

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onPlayerChats(){
if (
player.chat == "/tag"){
temp.tokens player.chat.tokenize();
triggerServer("gui"this,nametags);
}

• the 2nd parameter for triggerserver(); is the name of the object you are communicating with, you have a comma after 'this' instead of a dot
  • you are storing 'player.chat.tokenize()' as 'temp.tokens', but you are not sending temp.tokens as a parameter, you are sending 'tags' which is undefined
  • because you have already established the player is using the tag command on clientside, it is not necessary to check this condition on serverside
  • it is not necessary to send the full array of tokenized chat, you only need to send the 2nd value, which is temp.tokens[1]

Graal Script Code:
function onActionSeverside(temp.tag){ 

player.guild temp.tag;

//#CLIENTSIDE 
function onPlayerChats(){ 
  if (
player.chat.starts("/tag")){ 

temp.tokens player.chat.tokenize(); 

triggerServer("gui"this.nametemp.tokens[1]); 
  } 

Last edited by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur; 11-27-2013 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: thank you!