View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 02:13 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
The topic of this thread is the trial system we have, and considering nearly every single person in this thread is not directly affected by this, I'd say the comments made towards the system were wishful that Graal can progress and sell better. Your reply was extremely dramatic and totally missing the point. While the developers of Graal are keeping this game alive in terms of content, they are very empowered to give comments towards choices that effect the servers they selflessly develop and run, day in day out. If you look at other games you will see that nearly every successful game welcomes feedback, monitors issues, and works through problems with their customers and Graal should be no different, though it's not as successful as it used to be is it?
Something that indirectly affects people still matters just as much as things that directly affect people. There's nothing holding anyone back from making an amazing playerworld and advertising it. Nobody needs permission to advertise Graal. Again, just because someone pays for a server and develops stuff it does not give them special rights to instruct the owners of the game on how it should be run.

If I look at other games I will see that some of them have feedback forms (where those forms actually get sent to is another question entirely) Some have forums where players can give feedback too, but does it mean anyone is being heard there either? Would you feel better if you sent feedback to Graal in an e-mail and got a "thank you for your feedback, we have read and considered your feedback" letter? That doesn't mean anyone actually cared.

Graal isn't as successful as it used to be? That all depends on what you personally consider success. The playercount may be down... I'm no statistical expert and I don't know what the playercount averages out to each year... however, Graal used to be totally free. Now Graal is making money. You can argue about how much money it's making... but it's still making money. So as far as a business is concerned. Graal is far more successful than it used to be.

I have to laugh at people who pull numbers out of the sky when trying to give their "feedback". I don't think "the majority of Graal players have left!" is very accurate considering it's based on personal opinions. Maybe your friends left, maybe a handful of the population is fed up with the game and has left, but I wouldn't consider it a majority.

Just remember that 1 single paying customer is greater than 2000 free customers. (In terms of profit, at least) Sure the game would look "successful" and seem to be doing well with thousands of active players... but that just means higher server costs to keep the lag down and no profit coming in. I don't consider that a success unless you're selfless and don't mind living in an alley and running your "business" from an internet cafe.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not agreeing with their method of running a business. But I'm not going to throw in my two cents on how I think it could be better, because like I've been saying, it's not my place.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!