View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike Send a message via Skype™ to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
While what you've said is largely true, it's given me this underlying impression that PC Graal being put on the shelf would be entirely justified, I would say that with iPhone being so popular and successful at generating income it should be a prime example that PC Graal could also flourish with some attention, care and more reasonable pricing, especially considering the standards of the iPhone servers are by no means better.

Graal iPhone does however have the major advantages of its advertisement being pretty much handled by Apple, and the fact there is as of yet little decent competition on the platform, and as a result you wouldn't expect Graal to be capable of emulating the same level of success, yet there clearly is a desire among iPhone users to make the switch towards playing Graal on their PC, this effect would be alot more obvious if not for Observer Mode and the terribly high prices for what is now a temporary subscription, I'm also pretty sure that a considerable amount of money has been made through iPhone players by server rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
real graal is dying in favor of iphone graal, in the big picture anyway. if we focus on the past few years, there's been a small rise in playercount. noticeable for sure.

too bad the clowns running classic over the past few years have missed the biggest opportunity in graal's history to capitalize. i think that with even storm's classic up it could have been big.
Given hindsight from Stefan we'd have probably redeveloped Classic with built-in systems for both PC and iPhone, Stefan was actually asked through Bell for his opinion on what option we should take but failed to mention anything about an iPhone server until the very last minute, by then our custom systems had already been implemented.
Although I'm yet to see a drastic rise in Era's playercount since the implementation of iEra, which pre-wipe Classic was unable to compete with.