Thread: Beta Testers
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
wat
Alex-Stravier is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alex-Stravier
Based only on what I know:

- Absolutely everything needs an overhaul. Some code is old, some is just inefficient and bad. Some systems conflict with each other, including multiple health systems (which also needs to be redone).
- A leveling/stats system. This requires input from multiple people on how quickly we think players should be able to level.
- A party system. MD created one, but I'm not sure if he ever finished it, and it was kind of buggy.
- A dynamic shopping/economy system: players would be able to set up their own shops to sell items they no longer want, shops could get restocked, possibly with even completely new items, from time to time.
- Card game system based on Triple Triad from Final Fantasy VIII, but it mostly has notable Delteria figures (and will eventually be expanded to include monsters, and possibly other players). Players would be able to purchase booster packs of cards that are randomized, as well as play each other. Possibility of "safe" matches where you don't lose cards at the end if you lose, maybe... but at that points, there's less incentive to play, so that's still to-be-decided. This has been in development for years and there have been card sprites around since 2006, so there's a decent chunk of stuff to work with there already.
- Quests. There are levels completed for some quests, but there's nothing else there. Maps would be nice, but I'm sure a talented graphics artist could do those. MD had a pretty good idea of having a player log for quests, but those also included the typical MMO-fayre-type quests: fetch quests, kill x of y to get z, etc.
- Jobs. Cloven had a great idea for the fishing job, which involved a minigame of pressing the right keys in the right order to reel in a fish, with the difficulty based on the size of the fish or the player's expertise in the job. We also have mineshafts and minecarts for mining, though I'm uncertain if any other plans for the mining job ever surfaced.
- A spar system. Classical Graal (obviously) and "new Delteria", with weapons and whatever else!
- A baddy/monster system is in place, but not complete.
- A weapons system. This is also in place but incomplete.
- A system of transportation, to get to different cities on the island.

And I know there's even more that I'm forgetting here, but it's still a lot of stuff.