View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I think most of you here fail to realize that you are but a minority of players in the Graal community. This isn't an opinion. It's a statistically and consistently proven fact. The online gaming minority are always the loudest. That does not mean they should be heard over everyone else.

As a developer, they have to do what they feel is best for the game. Did you make an online game that has pulled in tens of thousands of dollars? Have you marketed online games before? Have you even had a job in the game industry? (that was actually paid, not one you did for free)

If you answered no to all of these questions, then why exactly should anyone listen to you? The truth is that 99% of player feedback is useless. Most feedback is stuff that cannot easily be implemented, or it's already in development, or it's just a totally stupid idea.

I'm sure that in your mind you can say "this and this and this would totally fix Graal! I'm sure of it!" and then stand there triumphant in your victory. That doesn't make you right. That doesn't mean your ideas are going to "save Graal" as you put it.

Honestly I find it arrogant that you feel your opinions deserve to be not only heard, but acted upon. Your gold membership (which some of you may have paid for and some of you may not have, and is probably expired) does not give you some sort of power over the game. There have been games that listened to the players too much and now they are in ruins. It's not always the solution to the problem. In fact, it rarely is.

In my opinion I see these suggestions as more as wishful thinking. Not wishful thinking that Graal will become more popular and sell better, but wishful thinking that you can change an entire game and community based off some ideas you probably thought up while sitting on the toilet. I'm sure that would make you feel really good about yourself, knowing that you were listened to and that your ideas were put into action. Join the club. Nearly everyone playing the game would love for their ideas to be taken seriously, but it's just not a realistic aspiration.

I'm not even going to bother listing what I think would make Graal better, because it's not my place to do so. Even though at one point I thought it was. At one point I thought Graal should pay the developers... at one point I was full of ideas that I thought would make Graal better. But it wasn't my place to do so, and it still isn't. I may have paid for Graal, I may have worked for Graal. I may have been a member of the Graal community for over half a decade. But that doesn't give me any right to tell them how they should run their game.

Honestly if you don't like the game, there is a better way of showing it.

Leave.

Instead of sitting here complaining day after day, and stating how there are far better games out there. Just leave and go play them. I think Graal's biggest problem is that because it's also a developer community, it makes people think they have some sort of right to dictate how Graal is run as a product. It doesn't. I'm sure you've had fun playing the game. I'm sure you've also had fun developing for the game. If that is the case, then stop complaining and move on, or stay here and learn to have tolerance for what Stefan/Unixmad want for the game.

It's not your game to change, and you are not entitled to have your opinions heard. Regardless of whether or not you paid or your parents paid or 5 years ago you got someone to upgrade your account once, or even if you own 15 accounts that you paid for yourself. It doesn't give you any more entitlement.

edit: Also, anyone posting "epic fail" or "failboat" pictures or anything of that sort... I hope that one day you look back and see just how immature and arrogant you're being. At least Cyberjoueurs has made a community of gamers that has lasted... what... nearly 10 years or more? What have you done?

You have to at least try in order to fail. I wonder what the term is for someone who doesn't even try. I'm sure you're "epic" knowledge and wisdom can give us that answer.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!