Thread: Local Guilds
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
If this is done, that one guild that actually does things together won't be taking part either. We don't recruit at the moment and don't want to recruit either, but would I have to if there was a limit to 3 guilds on the entire server? We'd have two big competitors, and people would be forced to pick one of them through lack of actual choice. What if people don't like how the guilds are? The guild leaders? The guild members? How they're ran? It doesn't make way for choice and is excludes both players of the server and players off the server. The biggest fault is that it doesn't allow people to create their own factions based on rivalries, and it will ultimately make the people on the server want to flock to whatever is the strongest guild (not because of the guild itself, it's people, or its history) like they do on Zodiac with their nations, and Era with their gangs, rendering the guilds themselves individually useless.

Make your own guilds (or even join one!!) if you're that upset about the lack of activity in them.
Well I wasn't thinking in the range of 3 guilds. That's too sparse and would seem forced. I would suggest 6-8 guilds since I doubt there can be 8 guild leaders all people don't like. It can be Classic ran and controlled to some degree and guild events can be focused around it

There are about 900 guilds registered. 800 of those guilds, most have a zero activity percentile. Globals aren't doing much to fix the issue with global guilds so this is a different resort.

Doubtfully this idea will ever happen, but it is a thought.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)