Thread: Mac development
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
brokk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
This is just my opinion of course, but I cannot stand apple computers, especially recently. Their devices are great, but the experiences I have had with the OS were pretty awful. Bootcamp will run programs slower naturally, and mac book air will probably be the least of all the modern macbooks to be able to handle Graal well (although I'm sure it does).

I've played with some of the new Windows 8 tablets and computers and I really like them, and you can't go too wrong with most distributions of Linux either although you'll be in the same boat as far as Graal dev goes.

I would stick to getting a Macbook Air if the primary purpose of your computer usage is Facebook and other basic tasks. I've had to do some objective-c iPhone development on an Air before and it was a nightmare for me because it was somewhat sluggish and the tiny screen made things worse.

Yeah, I'm really not a big fan of Macs either. Was looking for something thin. BUT I JUST found this Netbook. I was wondering if you could look at it and tell me if it could run developer tools smoothly (RC, Photoshop, etc.)

http://www.techtoys2go.com/mba-d16

Last edited by Tigairius; 11-16-2012 at 09:07 AM..