View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 05:32 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Was in my first post, players would be allowed on tag according to their gang rank, and if they're the same gang rank use current weekly gang score to break the tie. This way the gang always has their "best" players on tag.
This also creates an incentive for gangs to actively promote and demote players based on skill, and gives the gang leader something to do in terms of actually managing the gang to ensure they have their best team in the right ranks.
Yes that's precisely the issue..
The players who login Monday would get the first jump on raiding; and would be shoed-into a tag for the rest of the week. If I log in Wednesday I may never even get on a tag to earn my points/rank in order to maintain the tag. I am totally out of the loop.

But that's not the individual "I"... obviously I would login Wednesday and have my rank changed so that even if you earned your 1000 points to keep your tag on; now you can't use it. Ha ha. Meanwhile the gang suffers no penalty and that player is stuck there on the back-burner... if they leave they have to re-earn those 1000 points elsewhere; but their new gang would be that much further behind.

As opposed to now. If a gang leader wants the 'better player' that logged on Wednesday to replace X player they have to choose.. because removing that player removes his contributions and he can freely sign elsewhere without losing any ground; so you may not be the top gang for long if you keep doing that. (I saw this occur just about a month ago; a top 4 gang removed an offline member to add a top player for events... removing that member made them lose so many points (double-point was on) that they were no longer a top 4 gang. So my 5th place gang instantly qualified for events... and we ended up adding the top player they wanted; ez.)

I feel like this has the complete opposite effect you're aiming for.

Last edited by Supaman771; 01-08-2015 at 05:51 AM..