View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I can't see this working. As far as helping out others, pointing people toward documentation rarely works, and the fact is that there simply aren't enough developers for all of Graal's servers. The team would end up being a bunch of slaves doing work for playerworld owners who want help.

The only useful purpose I can see the team serving is updating documentation, creating videos, etc, but stuff like scripting documentation is only good for people already acquainted with gscript. Scripting is probably the only development field that you can't just pick up by messing around easily; the level editor and GANI editor make it really simple to play around, but GS2 requires knowledge of a lot of concepts that you can only learn by first learning another language (Java? <3)

I really don't see any benefits to making a global team out of this; if players want to help, they can just get on Testbed and help people, make their own videos, or script things for the Code Gallery like the guild system.