View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 02:16 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
FYI guys- the ones in bold are pointless.

There is only one thing Stefan asked.
  • I began by proposing a plan which combined scripted restrictions and micro-transactions. It took 5 months before I was able to get my first response where Stefan said it was an effective way to go about it, but also made a lot of excuses such as security.
  • Neither the plan or my subsequent enquiries and explanations regarding security ended up being acknowledged.
  • Eventually Stefan suggested we could prevent trials from going north of the bridge. This was a shockingly bad suggestion which would have been even worse than observer mode, it would ruin the entire design of the server and limit gameplay even more.
  • Stefan never responded when I attempted to negotiate a more reasonable Quest cut-off point, which although not ideal, wouldn't have severely restricted the server.
  • Stefan told both myself and Bell he plans to implement a new map area restriction into a future V6 client. This idea is not compatible with the small map design of the server, and arguably means what he "suggested" before was actually what he intended to do all along.
  • I proposed a new plan which scrapped micro-transactions and involved a larger list of scripted restrictions, I asked for an explicit yes/no answer and none was given.
  • Stefan finally resorted to the excuse of PlayerWorlds using their own unique restrictions being a bad thing, and so he wants them all to be using the same built-in restrictions. This was somewhat contradicting his first response.
  • I made a new offer which didn't involve having control over restrictions through script as he was against, instead it was an offer to do something I felt would have been largely beneficial to the scripting community and future developers. His response was "I simply cannot remove observer mode for Classic right now x-x. Maybe it would be good to talk to Unixmad on Skype"
  • After being given a bizarre explanation for my first contact request not being accepted, Unixmad accepted my second request, then told me to email him first. After 3 weeks of no response I sent him a message each day and still got no response. One night he sent me a bizarre message, then later said it was to the wrong person. Only after I reacted angrily to this he started talking, he gave an excuse of "removing observer mode will not attract 1000 players".

So during the time he asked you to do this- what did you do?

Oh yes, you used that ostrich gani and stopped caring.