View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
for PVP i enjoy surprise attacks. nothing is more terrible than walking around an overworld and suddenly getting ganked. the real pressure is on when you have a chance to lose all of your items should you die - or at least having some sort of real detrimental effect to having been killed.

on classic servers i eventually got tired of just mindlessly PKing in the same area, just getting up and going at it again and again. that's why i spar more often than i PK, and i feel like the same idea could be put to use for PKing.

for PVE, i've always preferred dungeon crawlers. random generated maps along with random generated baddies which drop random things that you can loot after wards. i absolutely hate having to level up in a game because i feel like it makes it less skill based.

i think it'd be fun to have some really well done quests that you can run through again and again to attain unique NPCs, or something to manipulate your character in some way that has to be accomplished to unlock. add in a party system and make the quests harder based on the party size, subsequently dropping rarer items to loot. it'd be a cool way to have some story-line that players could replay once they've finished.