View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Having a line of connection with Stefan is not as great as some of you put it out to be. Sure, he gets back to you on your messages, but it can sometimes take a few days. It's nothing out of this world and wouldn't really change much since it's more important for him to actually be doing something rather than just talking about it.
Well, I think it's also important to differentiate between "having a direct line" and "having a valued opinion".

It's true that Stefan just talking about stuff wouldn't get us very far, but if he comes in with the assumption that what the team says is valuable (which it would be if it was comprised of competent members), then it becomes less talk and more action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
In an ideal situation, I believe the GDT would organize requested features for Graal based on an observed need for the features across the various playerworlds and communicate their findings with Stefan. The GDT might then create a demonstration of how to use the feature based on what it is and have that made available for playerworlds to use.
Yes, I was thinking something along these lines as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
My two cents on this whole thing is that the unresolvable entanglement between development and administration is, again, at fault for ruining everything.
I agree. At least it's one of the major faults. Pretty ironic when you look at it, considering one of the main administrators is also the primary developer--you'd think that'd bring some sanity to the situation, but alas, it does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Isn't this what the PWA is? To some extent, at least, whether or not that line of communication exists and is listened to is another thing.
I was under the impression that the PWA was so overwhelmed with policing that they couldn't do very much else.

Last edited by WhiteDragon; 08-21-2009 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Replied to Spark