View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 05:34 AM
penguin.
Tolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the roughTolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tolnaftate2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Very nice of you GSTs to give programming exercises without explaining the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi in Programming Exercise #1 View Post
So, there is a lot of help around here dealing with syntax of scripting, but I don't see much discussion on best algorithms. Be this the case, I am going to every so often (when I feel like it) post some mathematically cool problem for you all to help each other solve and break some mental barriers.

Remember, the goal is to make this as efficient as possible with graal script.
Quote:
You also have yet to point out to others what functions they should be avoiding and why.
Do you want me to rank them or tell you how efficient I think they are? x-x

Quote:
Like I've said, if your ranking system/method of measuring had been pointed out in the first place then maybe I would have made a script thats better on your ranking system instead of on Graal's.
The theory behind big-O notation is that it should be an accurate measure of code efficiency regardless of language or hardware. Different servers run the same code in different time. Additionally, though big-O is only an approximation, it is most accurate for LARGE n.

I don't see what you're so upset about, you made a good contribution.

Killa Be: when i got that locker in 6th grade the only thing in it was a picture of a midget useing a firehose :/

Last edited by Tolnaftate2004; 03-27-2008 at 05:54 AM..