View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:45 AM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher90 View Post
3/10 Feature: Wild Life: Cows, mounts, real sheep!
Bugs work to!
Cuckos?

Quote:

10/10 DUNGEON gear!
10/10 Better Monster Loot!
I agree that "loot" is a good priority, although I think this should primarily be focused on lower-end loot to bridge the gap for new players. IE. adding things like, unenchanted basic equipment, "sabre" or "silver pawn helmet" but with the common suffixes allowed, so you could potentially find things like "sabre of woe (cursed)" or "silver pawn helmet +1" etc. All of these types of item archtypes and suffixes already exist, I believe, they just haven't been added to any currently existing monster's loot tables.

Of course, this would probably make more sense if we expanded our monster variety. We currently have "orcs", "demons" and "cyclops" but they are all casters, which doesn't make a lot of sense. It probably wouldn't be to hard, using the same system in place for Vampires to make an array of different monsters of each archtype. IE. "Orc Grunt", "Orc Shaman", "Orc Heavy" etc, and allowing them to each carry different equipment, and have different loot tables, corresponding with the sorts of things that they might be carrying.

On another note, it might be good to see some creatures start dropping consumable items like potions, or scrolls. For instance, "Potion of Healing" or "Scroll of Small Snowstorm (lvl 3)" etc.

I'm afraid that a lot of new players don't actually carry or use any of the types of beneficial potions available, due to their prohibitively high costs in shops, and the amount of time it takes to gather a useful stack of them. Likewise with scrolls. I don't even think many new players are aware of how useful they are.

Quote:
2/10 Map updates
7/10 Revamp Treasure Maps
Could you be more specific about what types of map updates and treasure map updates you would like to see?