View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:21 AM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Sorry if I've offended you.

Over the past few years I have seen the PC Client as a Development / Staff platform- I guess that's because I'm only focused on the iOS platform. I just don't see the value of developing the PC client- hence why I suggested moving servers to the iOS platform.

I just asked a few of the iEra staff why they don't play PC-
  • Lack of players
  • Boring (possibly due to lack of players)

A few said they would play PC if-
  • it had a server with over 100++ quests to complete, monsters to fight & places to explore.
  • a server dedicated to single player experience

A couple that do play said they play because-
  • their friends play
  • more mature players
It's not about offending people, really. I've been around this game for years, and the last server I played is now gone, and that's Unholy Nation.

Once that server was essentially "deleted" from the public, the entire Unholy community left with it. That's like 100-150+ players (if you consider North American, European playerbase etc.).

Graals Administration team and their attitude towards the situation was "Good riddance", "who cares". Either way Graal's PC version is going in either two directions.

1. It's going to get cleaned up. The client version will receive updates, bugs THAT DO EXIST will be addressed and fixed, and Graals PC community has a chance to grow and recover, and PWA's will actually do something for the greater good of the Player Worlds, rather than use an eraser.

2. It's going to continue to rot until it's completely dissolved, and people like Unixmad are going to claim that it's not getting neglected? Meanwhile you're here basically saying that anyone around here working on a client version server is wasting their time.

Obviously someone like you who is getting paid to develop for iOS might not care so much about the alternative, I guess you're a company guy now. Hell, you're not really apart of this community anymore, and one could say that MD/Carlitto isn't either. Yet you guys have an impact on this place, and thus far it's been nothing but negative.

If a plug is going to be pulled, why is it taking so long? I've been on the client, and I'm reading about people attempting to "revive" servers, and they are trying to put in work while the "higher ups" are putting all of their work into iOS.

My point is, this place is done. The ones who have or had the opportunity to say or do something about it chose not to.

Nothing but false hope, negativity and neglect.