View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
This is what I don't understand- why aren't the PC servers working on moving to the iOS platform? I've seen no development from any classic servers, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Zodiac, GK and UN had aspirations to move to iOS but this has not come to fruition for various different reasons. Delteria has ofcourse made its plans to launch on iOS abundantly clear but is still yet to happen. Era and GtA obviously have political hurdles. In the case of Zodiac and GK they have their own dev server for a mobile project.

Looking at it further, all iOS servers were pushed by Stefan, there have been a grand total of zero community-led projects launched on mobile. With that statistic in mind you have to question whether it's a realistic goal without being given official endorsement.

Quote:
I think that PC Graal should be heavily focused on a development platform with staff access to design worlds. Keep the existing server structure where you can buy hosting and visit the playerworlds in development- however I wouldn't advertise it as a platform you can play on.
Why not? Having players be able to play your work in real-time is one of the single biggest incentives to learn to develop. I do think it should be clearly advertised as community-created content rather than professionally developed content though.

Quote:
Maybe it's the lack of enthusiasm on the PC staff to develop a server that only 15~ people play?
Although this is certainly true, your proposed solution is not really tackling the underlying problem: PC Graal has essentially been abandoned by Graal management for at least the last 7 years. Although it will never come close to reaching the heights of mobile Graal, it could still do a lot better if it was actually given some support, or if someone who actually cared about it was given control and the access to make changes.

Quote:
Yes- I really liked it. Why not make it unique more by adding a level system? If you can design it to be something similar to Classic but a whole new type of game I can't see why it would be declined.
It's an interesting thought hypothetically, but the reality of the situation is that Stephane and Xor will not even discuss the matter of whether the servers are similar. There is also the fact that an agreement had already been reached, and it has not even technically been reneged, I'm just assuming that because despite my best efforts over the last 18 months, communication has completely broken down from their side.

Really though if you took away the sword style combat we'd have to remake all the content anyway, and nobody would see it as a homage to the original Graal anymore.

Quote:
I guess you either change or live with the fact it won't be an iOS server.
It's odd that you bring this up, because on one of the few occasions Unixmad did reply he was acting as if we were expecting to be launched on iOS, which as I pointed out before is a privilege that no community-led project has yet been granted. It is only Facebook + Web Browser that we had agreed to be launch on, and the differences between the servers are abundantly obvious to anyone who is capable of not judging a book by its cover.

Last edited by ffcmike; 08-06-2016 at 10:32 AM..