View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Playerworld Administrator
Rob is on a distinguished road
Hello.

I'd like to take a moment to address the complaint regarding disconnects on the PC client.

First, I'd like to notify server developers of some specifics. From internal testing, these disconnections appear isolated to entering a new level, whether it be via a warp (ie, level link) or a script (eg, setlevel2). Additionally, they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

What this means is, for the time being, that you can mitigate the damages by minimizing level-changing events or scripts. Good examples of areas to to avoid for now would be some kind of overworld-wide game (such as Tag or a race) or a multi-level, repeatable instance (due to instance levels each being unique and "new," regardless of repetition).

That aside, Unixmad has been brought up to speed on this issue. Though no specifics are available to be shared, I'd like to note that, due to the cause being a fault within the client, any possible solutions for this bug won't be rolled out until the next Graal client update.