View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 12:55 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
being "more like minecraft" in the sense where the focus is building words would definitely be a turn off for me

while having that as an option is definitely part of graal's charm, if that were the focus and I was a potential new player, that would be a turn off for me.

which is honestly why I couldn't get into minecraft. it was neat near the start, just to join a server and hang out, but as the focus shifted to everyone having their own worlds, I lost interest. while it is nice to contribute to one server and build up, ultimately what I want to do is play a game, not build it. coincidentally, none of the servers here that I've been dev staff on were ones that I played, and none of the servers that I played were ones that did dev work for.

granted, that's just me, and I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't be so quick to say that one way is successful and one isn't. I think what's most attractive about graal is "zelda online" not "build a game".